www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

sparked from the "what was your first ace" thread, i started thinking about "longest aces". most of our aces come from shorter, higher percentage shots, that are bound to go in at some point in time right? so what's your longest? let's see who has the biggest one out there.
mine came last year and wasn't anything too huge. it was a 381' skip ace with a 175 'Red' Star TeeRex at Dexter (OR). it was a lower hyzer shot to the right, that skipped right of the two trees and easily hopped more than 40ft before it crashed chains (the blue circle behind the trees with ob road 10ft past the basket).
needless to say, the shot fu*&ing golden.

Tags: ace, dexter, long

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pop Arounleut said:
Naw man, its an ancient Chinese secret; kinda like throwing ninja stars ;=)

Teach us your ways oh Sensei...
my longest was blind, Bear Creek in Grapevine, Tx. Hole 3, long tee box to long basket placement, 374 feet around a tight cluster of trees/shule/briars/ivy/etc. and it was in the summer so everything was in full growth

I threw a huge hyzer with an old school Discraft Cyclone, the line looked good and I made a comment like, "oh man, that has a chance" and then we heard the chains
I started to run up around the corner and realized there were a couple left to tee off so I turned around and asked them if I could check it?, then said "oh what the hell, it's either gonna be in there or not", and IT WAS

Mine was a sidearm Destroyer that snaked through some trees at the end of a clear drive. It went right of the first tall spruce, left of the smaller one, and right of the cottonwood-on the right, just below the overhanging branches en route to the basket(visible) just through to the other side. It is approximately 340'. This picture was taken from 12' behind the tee. I always thought I would hit it coming in Hyzer from the right with a backhand, it is my longest and most memorable ace to date.
330' ...nothing but net!!!
Pop Arounleut said:
I don't know the distance on my longest ace, but I do know that my longest jump putt ace is 125'...and I got it during a tournament!! I actually have 2 jump putt aces (the second being 100') and they were both during a tournament!!

What's a jump putt ace?
And my longest is actually my first at 280'
419 feet, #5 position c Morley field, KC pro eagle

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968