www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since we are walking a potential very loooong new course later today (yes, snowy and cold out) I am wondering what the longest holes in disc golf are right now.

The Monster Hole at Hudson Mills is 1,038-feet long. What are the other really long holes? Would you be drawn to come and play a course that had "the longest hole" on it?

Views: 419

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey now,heard or read that RedHawk was now closed to dg.What happened??JeremyRogers said:
we "had" some pretty long ones up at RED HAWK , in FL , over 900 for a couple easy, but that course is close now, Im sure as some ppl have heard, now we need a new home for the Players Cup... :(
Played a Hole # 14 at Mission Trails Golf course . 1465 feet , par 5 !!!!!
There was a long hole in Titusville on one of the first fly 18 deals...it was around 1200 feet as I remember.

I think with todays Disc tech. pushing a 1400 foot hole would work.
So, all we need is 1,466 you are saying? :)

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
There was a long hole in Titusville on one of the first fly 18 deals...it was around 1200 feet as I remember.

I think with todays Disc tech. pushing a 1400 foot hole would work.
Well I think I own a lot on "the longest hole" (gold course #8 at Highbridge Hills) but apparently not for long. The problem with going after that distinction is that pretty soon someone is going to make a longer one! Frankly I think the Highbridge situation makes sense because there is a whole course which has a number of long holes, as Chuck mentioned, and "the longest hole" makes sense within the context of that course.
I am not really a fan of longer holes, but that has to do with my weak arm and aching legs. LOL!
In areas that have already had quite a bit of disc golf course development, there is a real need for long courses with good par 4 and 5 and occasional par six holes. I say if you can develop a good course with only a few holes under 300 feet, and several over 1000 you should go for it!
In many areas, it is enough to step up from the pitch-and-putt to some well done 400-600' holes
that hole is a well designed hole as well as long

Patrick Naron said:
Milo McIver in Estacada, OR #23 is 1187 running along a river. One of the best courses in the US.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968