www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since we are walking a potential very loooong new course later today (yes, snowy and cold out) I am wondering what the longest holes in disc golf are right now.

The Monster Hole at Hudson Mills is 1,038-feet long. What are the other really long holes? Would you be drawn to come and play a course that had "the longest hole" on it?

Views: 433

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey now,heard or read that RedHawk was now closed to dg.What happened??JeremyRogers said:
we "had" some pretty long ones up at RED HAWK , in FL , over 900 for a couple easy, but that course is close now, Im sure as some ppl have heard, now we need a new home for the Players Cup... :(
Played a Hole # 14 at Mission Trails Golf course . 1465 feet , par 5 !!!!!
There was a long hole in Titusville on one of the first fly 18 deals...it was around 1200 feet as I remember.

I think with todays Disc tech. pushing a 1400 foot hole would work.
So, all we need is 1,466 you are saying? :)

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
There was a long hole in Titusville on one of the first fly 18 deals...it was around 1200 feet as I remember.

I think with todays Disc tech. pushing a 1400 foot hole would work.
Well I think I own a lot on "the longest hole" (gold course #8 at Highbridge Hills) but apparently not for long. The problem with going after that distinction is that pretty soon someone is going to make a longer one! Frankly I think the Highbridge situation makes sense because there is a whole course which has a number of long holes, as Chuck mentioned, and "the longest hole" makes sense within the context of that course.
I am not really a fan of longer holes, but that has to do with my weak arm and aching legs. LOL!
In areas that have already had quite a bit of disc golf course development, there is a real need for long courses with good par 4 and 5 and occasional par six holes. I say if you can develop a good course with only a few holes under 300 feet, and several over 1000 you should go for it!
In many areas, it is enough to step up from the pitch-and-putt to some well done 400-600' holes
that hole is a well designed hole as well as long

Patrick Naron said:
Milo McIver in Estacada, OR #23 is 1187 running along a river. One of the best courses in the US.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968