www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started out years ago with a "Birdie" then switched to "Aviar" a couple years ago. Lost them both somehow-Don't ask LOL. I also have a "Dart" putt and approach I'm currently using.

I really like Lat.64 discs and was thinking about buying the "Sinus" (funky name), but I miss my "Aviar". Some people say an "Aviar" is a must have disc. Any suggestions before I replace my "Aviar"?

Views: 768

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use the "Yeti" Pro Aviars and just recently picked up a Discraft FLX Challenger and they fly EXACTLY the same for me. Once my Yeti's are BEAT, I'll switch to the Challengers cause I LOVE the FLX plastic. If your looking for a fairly stable, Straight flying putter with some fade, either of these 2 fit the bill, IMO....
I love challengers. Smaller bead than an avair but a tick more overstable, while still getting turn. Perfect for spin, push, or off the tee. I use pro d and hard elite x :)
A Sinus is almost the same An aviar just different plastic, I found them to chain out often. I use many putters but out of all them the Omega SS is one of the best. Much like an aviar but the plastic grabs chains better. Easy to replace and cheap. Next in line would be almost any Gateway putter.
I used a Gateway Magic, and Wizard for a long time (Their plastic is really good).  I recently switched to a Banger GT because the thumb track if fantastic.

I use a VooDoo and a Chrystal Challenger work well for me. But I suggest getting a new Aviar, having a disc you know and trust is a valuable asset.

I use a couple '97 Magnets, because I lost my final '94. I only use them for putting, so losing them is not going to happen...well, my last '94 did find a watery grave.

Seriously though, try a Gateway Voodoo, Magic, and Wizard, all in soft plastic.  You will find the right one, I guarantee it...

Daredevil Polar Bear or Beaver

Westside - Swan

Ching - JuJu  

Discmania - Maniac

Wizards work best for me,great putter.

If it's a big dilemma for you and you have lost confidence in your current putter do this:  Buy 2 duplicates of 8 molds(16 discs). Putt 100 times per pair and write down the things you like for each. 

Next discard 2 pairs.   Now putt 50 times per pair with the six.  Discard 2.  25 .... then 12.....  Wash rinse repeat. 

YOU need to feel CONFIDENT.  Remember though.... a putter is a putter. There is no magic putter, just what YOU "think" is magic. 

My mold suggestions? 

Magnets, challengers, focus, wizard, YETI aviar, KC Aviar, APX, money putter... The Discraft ones that come in soft are great for alot of people.  The testing is key.  Testing against other discs is key,  Leading to putting practice being key. 

Omega SS, break it in, it will be money.  I don't know what brand it was, I'm thinking Vibram, but he had this crazy soft putter that was just doing ridiculous stuff - hitting the top of the basket and wrapping itself around and in... it was a marvel of disc technology, unfortunately I never see the guy out and he is the best DG'er in my town.

dps Logo KC Pro Aviar 

Get 20% off @ discplayersports.com

Type Get 20% in the coupon box at checkout (shopping cart).

Also FREE SHIPPING over $15 purchase!

One of the best putters, and Best Deals Around...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968