www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm usually throw a Champion Valkyrie off the tee, but recently I seem to be turning the disc over more and more. Does anyone have any recommendations on an overstable discs that throws or feels like a Valkyrie? Brands don't matter, I am just looking for some good options.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the TeeRex. I believe that was originally considered the overstabe version of the valkyrie. I throuw it and love it. check it out. good luck.
star sl (or pro starfire - same mold), star starfire (more overstable than the sl or pro), wraith, destroyer, surge ss(maybe even a surge if you have a good amount of snap), diablo dt, the groove in lighter weights, or just hyzer flip those valks man. i have a friend who throws valks for distance in the 425-475 range. and it's the current world record holder i believe. 820 ft or something.
the Beast, or the Ork (both in champion plastic)
max weight Z Xtreme.
ha. definitely more overstable than a valk and just about anything else.

Lotto said:
max weight Z Xtreme.
uhh the boss?
Innova:Starfire, Orc, Teerex, Wraith(not by much), Destroyer, Max, Xcaliburp. If your arm speed is so so. Stay away from the last three.
DGA: Tsunami, Rouge(Iffy)
Discraft Surge, Pulse, Force, Predator, Flash(not by much if at all)
Also you can go to Discgolfreview.com. Has tons of reviews and stability ratings for some of the discs.
You could try the wraith or the destroyer. www.lsdiscs.com
ESP Surge for BIG distance and late stability. Z-Xtreme for hurricane or tornadic winds.
beast, wraith, orc, surge ss
In my limited time playing I have fallen in love with the Star Destroyer 175.
I have been having lots of luck lately with an ESP Crush at 174gr. A Flash might be good for you also.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968