www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm usually throw a Champion Valkyrie off the tee, but recently I seem to be turning the disc over more and more. Does anyone have any recommendations on an overstable discs that throws or feels like a Valkyrie? Brands don't matter, I am just looking for some good options.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sorry to disaggree bro but a beast is more stable. wouldnt go as far to say overstable but maybe enough to cure his issue.

Noah Brooks said:
http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/comparison.html

If you are wanting to stick with Innova... this site will help you...

Most like a Valk:
Viking- The only difference is it has more stability
Orc, SL, Wraith, Destroyer, Boss- These are all faster discs with more stability.

If you have problems turning those over then you are throwing wrong or the disc is beat up. These are the OVERSTABLE DRIVERS:

Starfire, Firebird, Max, TeeRex, Xcalibur

PLEASE IGNORE NEWBS THAT SAY A BEAST IS MORE STABLE THAN A VALK!!!
If you like how your Valk flies, but has just started turning over, I would say DO NOT go to an Xcaliber, Boss, Destroyer, etc. These discs are just way too fast and overstable and will start fading VERY quickly. I think you should try a Beast, in Star or Champion. I dont think you will regret it. Good luck dude.
Thanks for all your help every one. I was comfortably throwing a Pro Firebird 167 grams, but when I tried throwing a Champion Starfire at 171 grams it would just fade so hard with little distance. Isn't the Firebird more overstable?
the pro firebird is the firebird-l (less stable than the firebird) mold. a star or champ firebird does have more fade than a starfire. starfire is rated 10,4,0,3. pro firebird (firebird-l) is rated 9,3,0,2. star or champ firebird is rated 9,3,0,4.

ominae_wu said:
Thanks for all your help every one. I was comfortably throwing a Pro Firebird 167 grams, but when I tried throwing a Champion Starfire at 171 grams it would just fade so hard with little distance. Isn't the Firebird more overstable?
I started doing that with my Valk, and I went to a Wriath and a Surge, you'll love 'em.

I started getting slightly more overstable discs and trying them.... I can not thorw a Destroyer, Force or Boss but a Groove, Surge, Crush or Avenger work well for me now.... hopefully in year or so I can handle the more overstable plastic
Buy a new Valk
Try a Yellow Force at 172 grams !!!!
I use Quest discs and I have to say that the Inferno is a great disc for what you are looking for. It's been recently redesigned to be slightly overstable. And if you need some big distance and have a bomber-arm, I would suggest the overstable Double-D, it's super fast and affordable!

Ryan
=======================
http://www.Hazardiscs.com
=======================
Good disc valks but not really over stable .Try a heavier champ. valkyrie.
I'd say an xcaliber is a very safe bet. you can get some pretty good distance and it will never turn over on you. Either that or a wraith is a very good driver for some sick distance

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968