www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm usually throw a Champion Valkyrie off the tee, but recently I seem to be turning the disc over more and more. Does anyone have any recommendations on an overstable discs that throws or feels like a Valkyrie? Brands don't matter, I am just looking for some good options.

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you turning the Valk over because of more snap in your throw, or because the disc is just breaking in? If it's the latter and you like throwing the Valk, just get a new one. If you are throwing a lighter one now you can go with max weight (175g) and it will be more resistant to turning over. You can always try a Viking too.
It is a little bit of both. But the disc is older and it is 169 grams.
same things been happening to me. my remedy has been to try a heavier valk.i just love the feel and dont think any other disc will give me that feel. got a odyssey ultra long range driver and that thing flies but ive read that it gets shreaded pretty easily. good luck.
in my opinion, nothing else flies like a valkyrie. i love my jk pro for long straight drives where theres not much room for a big s turn. and i use my se valk as a roller. if you like it, and you throw it well then you should go to max wt. if you're still turning it over then i again suggest hyzer flipping it. i'm partial to hyzer flips though. when executed correctly they are just gorgeous to watch. or you can try one of the many fine discs that have been recommended.

ominae_wu said:
It is a little bit of both. But the disc is older and it is 169 grams.
Predator or force.
I started out with a 166 champ valk and now moved up to a 175 star, I still flip my 175 star a lot so I have moved on to a 169 star wraith or a 171 champ beast. I can flip both of these disc's but not as extreme as my valk.
just throw it on a hyzer and let it flip up straight.
get a new valk.
http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/comparison.html

If you are wanting to stick with Innova... this site will help you...

Most like a Valk:
Viking- The only difference is it has more stability
Orc, SL, Wraith, Destroyer, Boss- These are all faster discs with more stability.

If you have problems turning those over then you are throwing wrong or the disc is beat up. These are the OVERSTABLE DRIVERS:

Starfire, Firebird, Max, TeeRex, Xcalibur

PLEASE IGNORE NEWBS THAT SAY A BEAST IS MORE STABLE THAN A VALK!!!
Innova: Banshee!, Teerex, xcalibur(if you can throw it) boss(same issue)

Discraft: Force, Pulse, Surge
DGA: Tsunami
learn to hyzer flip of overpower that disc
I've been throwing my overstable elite XS for years165g .... it responds to how u throw it ....... it holds an overstable line great ............ hyzers great too ........ it's a truly wonderful disc

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968