www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Looking for local tournaments in our area....Grand Rapids Michigan.

I live in Grandville.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i don't believe that there are any right now, i live in holland, though
Do you ever play any courses in G.R.? Brewer or Old Farm? Do you have any good courses in Holland? What would you say is the best course in your area?
there's only one course in holland my friend, it's known as the winstrom preserve, it's one of the worst courses you could ever play at in my opinion. on second thought, lets forget i said anything about winstrom, now there is this one course in saugatuck called shore acres and it's the course that i go to when i want to get some real playing done, all the holes are fun and challenging at the same time. i've been to brewwer once and the only time i was there, it was filled up to the brim with people that just jammed the course up, so my first impression of that course was pretty bad, i've never been there since though.
I heard about the one in Saugatuck. I think it is located near the felt mansion somewhere? I also heard there is another course close to that one...I recently bought a Innova sport basket online for our backyard where we live here in Grandville. It should arrive on wednesday next week. We can then practice our putting and mid range shots. I got a good deal on it or maybe I should say the lowest price i could find at $175.00 with free shipping.
dang, that's a real good deal. i made my own basket for about 80 bucks and it's pretty heavy duty. but yea, i heard that there's talk of people building a course at the holland country club, but i haven't heard anything more about it for a couple months so we will have to see on that one.
DGcoursereview.com has them all. I recommend Fallasburg. It is a great challenging course in Lowell. Free to play, all concrete pads. I also recommend Jaycee Park in Kentwood. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=558 . Great lines to play there. Mature trees. NEVER crowded. There is a MUST PLAY tournament coming up at Blue Gill. Blue Gill is THE BEST course around. October 9th The Fall Color Classic. http://dogsofdisc.webs.com/apps/calendar/showMonth?calID=3375776&am... . Hope this helps.
Also there is a C-tier at Hammond Hill in Hastings TOMORROW. Great course and an affordable reg fee for PDGA current members too!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968