www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm looking for a dependable long distance drive I can throw consistently off the tee. I tried all different drivers from the Surge SS, Valkyrie, Assassin, Wraith, Avenger SS, Monarchs, and Roadrunners (For the record I’m also tried several different weights as well.). To my surprise the driver I throw the best is a 160 gram R-Boss. Problem with the R-Pro Boss is durability. After a month of use, the disc is beat to hell. I tried a Champion and a Star Boss, but no dice. I don't have the power and snap to throw the Boss in those plastics. Any one have any suggestions?

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks every one for all the great advice.
Give a beast a shot, champion about 167 to 169. Worth a shot. was one of my first discs now i'm back to it. she's never failed me. I carry 3 because i'm a bozo, nothing to do with beatness. 90% of my game is in my head and I'm crazy supersticious. Toss a beast around or something you like for now then after lots of practice you will realize its not all arm that's keeping that Boss in the bag, it's form. I finally can throw that damned thing 200 feet. I slowed my arm down and worked on full body form. You are on your way! First step to getting better is realizing you can't throw those freakin boss destroyer star max excaliburs. Several goooood guys on here suggested to me in the past a TeeBird. Best advice I ever got.
I would suggest a Champion Beast (2x barry schultz): 167-169 grams great for turnover shots, uphill, and shorter precise hyzers.
Also don't go out and buy something new and think that disc won't work for you because when disc's are new they don't have the same flight patterns as a broken in disc. Check out the website www.discaroo.com or the clearwater disc golf store for used disc's that are already beat in and ready to go. These are just suggestions and things that have worked for me :)
Gotta echo the beast sentiment. That driver holds any line you want, glides amazingly, and is great even as a max distance driver assuming you aren't shooting 500+.
look man you want a consistent driver find a nice slightly to overstable driver... Get it in the best plastic you can buy... The throw it over and over... It will stay that way for a long long time. Champion is probably the best and really im thinking more along the lines of a boss x cal destroyer wraith flick surge not ss or flx groove orc t bird monster there are so many discs ask people or better when you find one throw it a couple times then return it... good luck
Some great suggestions here. Next time you are playing a round with some folks, just ask if you can take a couple of tosses with some of their drivers. Most don't mind. Heck sometimes I pull out drivers and hand them to people I play with so they can see how they like them. I learn just like they do by doing that. I get to see what my discs will do with more and less power.

We can all suggest drivers all day long, but you will have to find what actually works for you. My best drivers are Groove, Boss, Sidewinder, and Valkyrie. No one else apparently can throw a Groove, but it works the best for me. The rest are fairly standard go to drivers in most bags. BUT I can't really throw a lot of the more popular drivers. I didn't care for the Beast that much, Teebird didn't work out for me, I gave both of my Orcs away because neither worked for me at all. But it's not a power issue because I can seriously bomb my Boss and have even had it turn over a bit several times, I can throw the Groove 350 to 400+ accurately. I can say what I think you should get, but it may not work for you. I wouldn't think individuality would work like that throwing discs, but it does.

I would try to take a test run of all the discs suggested here and see how they feel. There should be some folks around with those discs that doesn't mind letting you throw a couple. Keep humming that Boss, you'll eventually develop the form and power to use it effectively. But for the time being it should make a great Spike Hyzer disc.
For Distance , I like the Dx Destroyer !!
Thanks Donnie, I think I might try that out. I appreciate the suggestion.
Good Luck !!! I like the Dx Destroyer for distance.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968