www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just started playing a month or two ago and have fallen in love with the sport, playing 5-10 a week. The stores around here only sell Innova discs and even though I love them I want to see what else is out there. Here is what I currently use:

Drivers

162 Champion Monarch - I really love this one, I can bomb it easily

167 Star Valkyrie - Still having issues with overstability, but I can throw decently

Mid-Range

180 DX Roc - Love this as well, very dependable for all shots

167 Champion Spyder - Usually use when I need to park up next to the basket w/out risk of much movement

Putter

175 Champion Rhyno - My baby, I will not use another putter!!

I seem to have better luck with 160-165g discs, probably haven't developed enough power yet for heavier discs. From my results with the monarch, understable is probably the route I want to go. Any suggestions would be wonderful, I am not familiar with the plastic type of other manufacturers but I can figure that out easily enough. Thanks in advance =)

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Lat 64 Core to me is like a buzzz with more glide
Try these Gateway Disc Sports discs...

Drivers: Assassin or Sabre

Mid: Element

Putter: Magic
Try a Classic Inferno by Quest AT. Good disc.

Innova TeeBird and Sidewinder should make their way into your bag (Star Plastic) along with a Banshee (Champion) for shape shots. Sorry but these Innova discs are great discs.
I would say to pick up some new Latitude in the opto line plastic. Best grip on the market and no one comes close to it...I would pick up a river and get a core....You should be able to launch the river and the core should add a nice touch to your game. Unless you have an understable roc that turns over...then I would say to get something like a Discraft Wasp...Overstable midrange just got an ace with one today.
I use an avenger ss for all of my turnover shots, esp plastic the esp plastic is grippy, and very durable.
Try a Sidewinder and Stratus...max weight or close will work best for a newer player...I love the Super Soft Omega for putting....
Stratus,Comet,Eclipse,Hawk. Innova Skeeter.
It is good to note that almost all of the DGA Pro Lines are made by Discraft, so keep an eye out for that. It's usually stamped on the inside of the rim that the disc is made by Discraft. At least, it is that way with most of my discs.
Main thing is to stick with the weights in plastic you are used to. OK to experiment in heavier weights once your skills develop. Your still new , give it some time.
If you liked the DGA Rogue, you should try the new DGA driver, the Hurricane. VERY NICE!

http://stores.ebay.com/Grip-N-Rip-Disc-Golf-shop/_i.html?_nkw=hurri...

There is a link to where you can get them, they are first runs so a few bucks more,

And yes that is my store. You can also wait until mid Nov. when they release the stock run of this disc.
I agree that you do not need to buy every disc out there... unless you want to. the more you play the more disc's you need.... then it changes back to the more you play the less disc's you need. Learn the disc's you have, I try to only bring the disc's I use on that DGC... some of the more open DGC's do not call for more then just a few disc's. I have two bags... small bag and a big bag.

But if you are looking to buy new disc's I would look at Gateway, or even Quest at. They both have some kinda cool disc's
Bobby, first what types of courses are you playing? Nine holes or bigger? I play alot of nine holes here in ND. So, I use alot of Midrange stuff. Try Innova Wolf, Skeeter and Shark. I also use a MS Aurora by Millennium and a Power Legacy by Ching. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968