www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So question what is your rule of thumb on calling people who have put phone numbers on their disc's?

I decided to call a guy back based on his disc was in a real tough spot. I am talking you nearly need a weed whacker to clear out the brush (mine ended up there too). I did not call a guy back who's disc was laying in the fairway (a hard right from the pitch box ) on the edge of the forest not but 30 ft from the pitch box. So my rule of thumb has become if its a hard find they get a call. If they did not bother to take a few minutes to look then no call back.

What do you guys think?

Side note the one guy I called back I left a message twice saying I have your disc with no return call! Guess its mine now?

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Call everytime time no matter where the disc was sitting.. Fairway or shule it's the right thing to do. if they took tihe time to put their name and number on it the must want it back right?.

And I give about a couple week grace time after I call to let them retrive their disc back. Or play the pass along game if its someone a buddy knows or in a close league.
call every time, no questions. We all want our discs back. It may have been as simple as they left it at the teebox forgetting to grab it as they picked up all their discs. Before I had a bag I did this once and it was 3 holes before I remembered it and ran back to look for it. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't remember it till they were already half way home. Unless it is a sucky disc (pluto anyone?). I'll give 2-3 calls after that I'll keep it. However I've only ever gotten to keep one, I've either given them back or found a disc that I knew a friend would appreciate a replacement for the one they just lost (honestly, and it is usually an upgrade from what they just lost ie. beat to crud DX lost and I found a brand new one...)

call everytime, all the time, I feel like it gives us a bad rep otherwise... lack of character and all
CALL EVERY TIME!!

I've accidentally left my disc in the fairway. No one should be out $15 of plastic because they were focused on their putt, next throw, etc. always give back what you do not own.
Call regardless. I lost my vision about a month ago on a 3rd shot on a pratice round for a tourney. I got a call and the guy said he would give it to a guy who was going to the the tournament. I never got the disc. Sometimes you forget. I will give a call no matter where I find it.
always call..... the more people do the right thing the better for all of us discgolfers.... call that guy 30ft from the tee-box
Strike another vote to call regardless. If there's a number, I always call it.
Thanks guys just called the guy on the fairway only to leave a message. I was not sure on how people stood so this is good. I did not think of someone leaving it behind do to focusing on the next shot. I will call on every one I find with a number!
You have my 1st ever predator don't you??~~!! my phone has been on, no calls.....
No its a star destroyer! A very nice disc I threw it a couple times!
good man! some people will say keep it or if its one they really like might offer you a new disc for trade.
lol, Damn!
I'll return it to the Pro shop if one is available. I don't want someone else's disc. Phone # , I'll call.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968