www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So question what is your rule of thumb on calling people who have put phone numbers on their disc's?

I decided to call a guy back based on his disc was in a real tough spot. I am talking you nearly need a weed whacker to clear out the brush (mine ended up there too). I did not call a guy back who's disc was laying in the fairway (a hard right from the pitch box ) on the edge of the forest not but 30 ft from the pitch box. So my rule of thumb has become if its a hard find they get a call. If they did not bother to take a few minutes to look then no call back.

What do you guys think?

Side note the one guy I called back I left a message twice saying I have your disc with no return call! Guess its mine now?

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah see these are all things I did not think of, thank you for your reply!
Good Karma says to call (every time). In the last month, I've had two people call me to tell me they found one of my discs. I told them that I really appreciate the call & because you were cool enough to call, please accept the disc as my gift. It's happened to me before so now I return the favor.
However, if someone finds my perfectly broken-in Roc that I left out on the course somewhere, now that's a different story!
in norway we have a lost & found forum at a website where we can post lost and found discs in every course. very useful! especially when you are a regular at a course you can look for a disk someone lost, and others can find yours.
ALWAYS CALL!!! I have spent nearly an hour before looking for a lost favorite disc only to end up not finding it. The disc you find is NOT yours. Be a decent person and always at least try to call the owner. Only if it doesn't have a number on it or the number is disconnected should you be allowed to keep it. Keeping it without calling is nothing more than STEALING and gives our sport a bad image. We have enough problems with image as it is to add to it.
Awesome thanks for the post!
My dogs are pretty good at finding lost discs, so my policy is to call all numbers at least three times in a month in an attempt to return them. If I've had them for over three months, they may be going to a new player. As for discs with no name, I actually hold onto them for a couple of weeks. Most of the locals know my dogs go out searching so if they can tell me disc, color, and what hole they left it on I return it to them (and tell them to put their name on the back).
I actually had a guy call me that found my disc and told me how much he liked it and looked forward to playing many great rounds with it, than hung up ! I couldn't sleep . So pissed off
wow that's low...
I agree that is pretty low!.....as a newby here I am very happy to see the great responses too, I just lost my first disc last week, a pro katana, in a pond at a church with no pro shop, while looking for it I found another, the name and number was unrecognizable to us as it had faded, but it had also dyed into the plastic somewhat, but when I got home we discovered that if you turned it in the light just right you could barely make it out, I immediately called the fella, who it turns out was in my group at the first tournament I ever played in that same day of the lost and found, I remarked it for him and tonight I am driving 35 miles to deliver this disc, sure I could have kept it, but I wouldn't... my integrity is worth a whole lot more than a $15 disc....and in my opinion, if someone would be dishonest enough to purposely keep a properly marked disc without permission.....How in the heck could you trust them about keeping score?
agreed!
Do not , Do Not keep someone else's disc. Always Call them or Email them or turn it in to your Local Pro Shop !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968