www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I went out and played a 9 hole round today and found a Ti Buzzz just in the woods.  I looked and it had a name and phone number in it.  I called and met up with the guy and gave him his disc back.

Have you ever found a disc out on a course? Did you call and return it?

Tags: Lost, buzzz, discs

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree that keeping a disc with a phone # on it is not cool. It goes against the general "Morality" shared by "Most" that play this Fine Game.

I kinda wonder if David "Swamp Thing" might be pulling our chain to get a rise???? 

No dude its the truth. I got awesome at discgolf because of hawked plasteec from my local wishing well. You should try it. Nowadays I return all the plastic I find. I didnt know much about the game then. I will chuck a new pond model I aint flung before, just to see the flight pattern. Them phone numbers that aint yours are ugly enough to return em.

Lets see anybody crawl into these gator, leech, snappin turtle, glass, fish hook, dirty condom, dirty needle, disease, and human waste pools just for the fellow man to get his disc back. 99% wouldnt dare.

I have a pair of Black Labs, and seeing as I don't hunt, I trained them to find/retrieve discs.  The obvious thought process being I wouldn't lose discs (that hasn't worked out very well).  The awesome by-product is a pair of dogs that find discs in tall grass, leaves, trees, etc. pretty regularly.  In a little over three years they've found 200+ discs.  Any disc with a number I call at least three times then I put it aside.  Any disc with no name and number I hold onto in case someone can tell me what it is and where they lost it.  I hold the no name/number discs for at least two weeks before I resell to other disc golfers at a discount rate.  When we were in Alaska it worked well because the disc golf community was pretty small, so players could find me on the course and tell me what they lost.  I need to find a system in the larger Columbus area.  

That's Pretty Sweet, Chris! We have a local guy with a Golden Retriever that kinda does the same thing. The dog, at least.....

I just checked out your Profile that says your in New York, so if your fighting Gators, Turtles (unless they are of the NINJA Sort),  for discs, I would REALLY like to know what part of NY your in..... :)

you know the Innova Gator some arent the reinvented blunt nosed ones. It aint easy being the swamp master

That's cool, I have two labs and a Golden Retriever.  My dogs won't dive for discs (not sure how to train them to do that).  So if they go in for a disc in the water the just swim around in circles, get bored, and start chasing ducks or geese.  So, the water retriever is a good thing to have in the bag.  

The Innova Star Gator has been a Saving Grace for me lately. I LOVE that Disc.... LOVE IT.

Yes, 26 returns and counting!  Recently I found a first run Champion Katana with all the information on the rim, and I called to inform this guy that I have found his disc.  He replied...  "What is wrong with you?  Why didn't you keep it?"  I explained to him that I would've appreciated a similar phone call on a couple of my lost discs.  I met up with this guy an hour later, and it turns out he owns a disc shop in Idaho.  He brought me over to his trailer and told me to pick out any two discs!  Turns out that the Katana was his favorite.

this kinda stuff happens all the time - there are many good people who really appriciate getting their discs back.

Getting Lost Discs Back is the best.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968