www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've only heard good things about the core will it do everything a buzzz will or should I just get another buzzz!

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I have been playing golf for 18 years and I fell in love with the Core two years ago when I was on a trip to California. I still throw Rocs also and they work great with each other. I have opto and goldline Cores and I prefer the opto myself. This plastic is near industuctible.

LOL, weren't you the one that had "Buzzz" in your name?  Now you're with a Roc?  Does the Buzzz know that you're cheating?

I would have to agree with Rescues statement here.  I own 9 Buzzz's (every plastic...except the glow) and 3 Cores.  2 Opto 1 GL.  At first I took my Buzzz out thinking the Core would replace.  It hasn't and it won't.  Now don't get me wrong it's staying in my bag.  The CORE flies like a X Buzzz.  Where I want something a little more stable.  The plastic is unbelievable though...which is why I think I was hoping it would replace my Buzzz.  But it didn't.  I just have another disc in my bag =].  Stick with what feels best....maybe buy a core a little later down the road when you have $$$$ to blow.

Yep, I've been playing for 12 and the Core (and Fuse) booted the Roc from my bag. My Buzz has a permanent parking spot in my bag, but isn't the go-to disc it used to be.

still the hardest working disc in my bag,for 3 yrs,and it hasnt started to flip at all,loves to be thrown hard.BUZZZ

Yeah right, get yourself a Wasp! Z wasp that's where its at!

only if they give him a C.E. Roc

The Buzzz is a great disc and in any of the candy plastics it lasts until you lose it.  So keep a closer eye on it next time.

Some of the responses here laud the plastic the Core comes in.  Why?  Do you mean it looks better?  What does it do better?  It is hard to imagine it flies truer.

I have had the same Z Buzzz in my bag for several years and only in the last year has it finally, finally started breaking in.  The longevity is great but it has a down side: Once it breaks in (and becomes more valuable because of it) it is very hard to replace.  I have back ups which I have been practicing with but they are no where near ready to fill the place of my broken in one.

I have been trading for beat up Z Buzzz's but again none of those are adequately seasoned.  Maybe the new Buzzz SS's will fill the bill.  I haven't tested the new Eric McCabe signature run yet.

Is the Buzzz the best midrange ever made?  I think so, especially the flat topped ones.  What impresses me is that it handles the power of the top Pros yet is still useful for a beginner.  The Buzzz is designed to fly straight so it is superb for a precise line or a tight tunnel.

It's longer, but a bit less stable than the Buzzz. It's also a forgiving disc (not to sensitive to thrower errors). To bad you can't try some of this companies discs. Their current plastic is far better than both Discraft and Innova. Plus their discs (some) are better in some aspects.

I disagree. I've tried a number of lat discs.
Comet > fuse
Striker is a flippy tb
Vision is a piece of poop
Core is a flippy buzzz

Don't get me wrong, their molds are good, just not better imo. I think players like them so much due to the shineyness of the plastic. Kinda like when you have a sweet dye and though it may not be your best flying ____, its your fav cause it looks good.
I see it with dc discs too. Crz challengers stink imo- they're sluggish with less glide. Same with z cyclones, hawks, magnets, and others. Reguardless people liked them cause they look better.

That's what lat is counting on and why there's no baseline plastic drivers.
I also disagree with the buzzz being the best mid ever- maybe best selling...
Imo, its too fast which leads me to a hard time powering down on it. While it does do great with low lines and long distances, I find its fade unreliable. On annys it will pull out more freqently then my comet.

I like comets and rocs:)

Sorry, but it has nothing to do with the way the plastic looks and everything to do with the way it FEELS. It is, IMO, the best plastic out there - both opto and gold line. I carry both Cryztal Z Buzzz and Esp Flx Buzzz as well as several Rocs - my Opto Core is still my absolute favorite go-to mid. I also love my Gold line River - easiest anhyzer disc I own. The only plastic out there that comes close in feel is Innova R-Pro, but it is no where near as durable as the Latitude 64 plastics.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968