www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I like using discs with lots of glide. Some examples are the Archangel and the Kite. I noticed that Innova has a Jaguar but seems to be other, someone on here wrote that it blocks out the sun.

I wonder is the Jaguar a good disk to use?
Are there other discs by other people lots and lots of glide.

Any help would be nice. Thank in advance.

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Gateway Assassin has great glide perhaps the most glide of anything I have thrown. Plus imo its a great distance disc under 400 feet of power and a great fairway driver over 400 feet of power.

The Discraft XL is a fairly strong gliding disc.

Innova Valk, Teebird, TL, all glide really well.
infernos are super glidey
I have noticed that the Kite glides better then the Valk and Teebird. I have not thrown a TL

My Star Roadrunner has the most glide of my drivers.
All discs will glide more as they get broken in-beating them knocks the stability out of them and they will stop hooking hard.
Lighter weights will glide more because you are able to put more spin on them.
Spin is what holds them in the air on a straight line.
More spin means a longer drive and the disc will glide until the spin dies.
The bullet (bezel cut) shape of the wing on the Roadrunner is not like most drivers that have a bevel cut underneath.
The "L" in the Innova line doesn't stand for anything specific but it represents the fact that the disc will be "Less Stable" so you can get drivers that have the "L" on the end and they will be less stable (TeeBird-L, Eagle-L, Beast-L, etc.).
Discraft has a "SS" line that means "Super Straight" and they have a lot more glide to enable that straight line.
So, grab less stable plastic, get lighter plastic, or beat your plastic in to get more glide!
The Jaguar is a huge beast of a disc.
You can get more glide on lite discs.
try a discraft spectra or stratus
A Jaguar is a large diameter disc with a maximum weight of 200 grams (so even bigger than a Roc). It is not designed to glide. It is a straight flying upshot disc, not a driver. It has all the glide of a bowling ball.

If you wanted to try a large disc then the Condor is very cool. It is like a Roc on growth hormones. It really flies like a Roc except it has no glide. When it slows down it drops and stops. It also max's at 200 grams. David Greenwell throws a Condor like it is on remote control.

If you want superb glide in a driver try a Flash or a Surge SS. They appear to defy gravity.
Comet and zephyr come to mind for insane glide. If you dont like huge discs (like the zephyr) you wont like the jaguar but those have crazy glide too.
The T-Bone has a lot of glide too, that's because it's an Assassin with dimples. The dimples create a more stable disc, so if you have too much power and are flipping over Assassins try a T-Bone (the 80/20 version remind me of a Star TeeBird; oh yeah, and the Premier version is less stable than the 80/20 version).
I like the DIscraft comet. If you want LOTS of glide in an approach disc... go for an Innova AERO!!! I am more of a fan of Discraft, but I have never found a disc like this anywhere else. It is large and flies like an ultimate disc
yes they are

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968