www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

As disc golfers we hit tiny gaps 200 foot down the fairway and have trouble sometimes with a 30 foot putt. Miss your putt, pick up your driver and put it in every time. What ya gonna do?

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Put down the driver for a week or two and practice your putts for a week or two you'll be a better golfer in the long run.

Always Practice your Putting from different Angles !

I will try that. And also I have been spinning them more regardless if I miss so it stays on line.

try the two 15 min putting drill,it'll help.

Think less, putt more! In other words don't overthink it. For me it's mark the disc, get my aim point and follow through. Sometimes I do have to take a moment to focus but usually if I overthink it the disc will miss. If I am confident and follow through the disc is going to go in.

If I don't practice at least every other day my putting will go to poo. Having the confidence to walk up and feel like you can make any putt comes from Lots of Putting Practice... IMO.

I have been working a lot on my 80-120 foot approach "putt" using a forehand. I am hoping to knock down one or two of those a tournament with enough practice. But...it also means having the confidence to nail the comebacker on a miss. So I have been taking 8 putters and running them from that distance and then forcing myself to hit the comebackers from the furthest disc away. It is helping to drop a few of the long guys but more importantly, it is really helping with making those 20-30 footers seem absolutely routine in my head. If I am gaining confidence from 80-120 then the 20-30 seems like a tap out now. I don't think I missed one at last weekend's tournament with the accompanying pressure. Oh, I did get three of the long guys too! Love the new drill...

WHATTS this drill?\

Instead of laying up under the basket from 120, I'm now trying to give everything a chance from that range. My mantra is never ever 3 putt so I needed to make sure I could run the 120's but not miss the 20-30 comebacks. So with 8 putters I run them all with a chance and then take all 8 and move to the furthest away point from the runs to putt all the comebacks. Works on short approaches/long putts at the same time as the short putts which adds variety and keeps me on the practice green longer. I know some very wise people advocate only putting with one or two discs at a time so each putt feels important, for me, the repetition and muscle memory of throwing 8 at a time is very valuable. 

I do almost the exact thing. But my aviar driver goes in every time from that range and I can't practice my return shot.The 30 footers seem easier after that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968