www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Clearly hole design is the easiest way to make your disc golf course unique.  But what else can you do to really make your disc golf course memorable, fun, and challenging? 

Some things I've seen -

- interesting barriers/obstacles (farm equipment, hay bails, boulders)
- raised and sunken baskets
- gravel fairways, woodchip greens
- big, informative, eye-catching signs

give me your two cents.

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We aren't trying to make our course look like a miniature golf place. Hey, let's put in a windmill and a clown.

Anyway, good holes and ones that you will remember are ones that utilize the terrain. Maybe there is a certain tree that comes into play. Maybe it's an alternate position that is super deep or cuts into the trees. I think that you can maybe add in a few unique things to a course but you want to keep it in the realm of disc golf and not clown hunting.

Now if that were a sport...
san diegos morley field has a shoe tree,with old shoes thrown up in it,they do this in beach neighborhoods also
Suspending Baskets !!!
Florida gators,not the college team and those pesky,biting red ants.Two obstacles you might want to avoid
Who has this? Or is this just an awesome wish?
BRATS has a swinging basket. So much fun to putt at.
I agree, swinging baskets can be fun. I also Like Elevated Baskets.
Sinage is very important. The more inforamitive the sign the better.

I think that wood chips around tees and baskets is always a nice touch.

I Really like courses that have a signature hole. Weather it be a water hazard hole, even something like an elevated tee tee, or a Basket though picnic table elevated up in the air. I thought that made for some fun long putts.
Big Sioux Rec Area in Brandon SD. and Treasure Cove in Council Bluffs, IA

I will get a picture of the Brandon one next weekend

The one is Brandon is moveable. The one in Council Bluffs is attached to a bridge.

Here is one from my home course Dry Run Disc Golf Course in Mitchell, SD.
273 ft in Disctane - the teepad is marked in red
The pipe is about 140 feet down the fairway and is over 30 foot tall. My only Ace Race ace was 146ft from under the bridge.
This hole is a killer for left handers (LHBH and RHFH).
On the right hand side of the picture (left while throwing) is a small tree area. There actual fairway is about 40 feet wide at this point.
On the left hand side of the picture (right while throwing) is high brush with a (not so dry) creek.
This picture is an early spring picture. The grass on the creek side get huge and the trees get out of control.
And yes the pipeline was there before the disc gold course.

all great ideas. and hey, I wouldn't be opposed to throwing around a spinning blade of a windmill...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968