www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Clearly hole design is the easiest way to make your disc golf course unique.  But what else can you do to really make your disc golf course memorable, fun, and challenging? 

Some things I've seen -

- interesting barriers/obstacles (farm equipment, hay bails, boulders)
- raised and sunken baskets
- gravel fairways, woodchip greens
- big, informative, eye-catching signs

give me your two cents.

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GOOD PLACE FOR A PICNIC.
Where can I find the paint Dane? What's it called? Thank you.
I'm voting for a banjo playing monkey on a swing with dancing clowns.
I always liked the bowling ball lined fairway at chili (pronounced shy lie) in Rochester. There are also 2 pretty good sized silos, and some kind of fake paper mache looking trees.
SK
Boring yes, but stick with the natural beauty of a course and use it. All I have to say is "Top of the world" and most people will know what it means. I just don't think you need gimmicks to make a hole challenging, beside, once the novelty wears off. Most people will forget it. If you don't have much to work with. Go with Eiriks post. With the use of O.B.s and "bunkers" (PDGA style).
It's the natural holes (for lack of a better term) that I remember. Not the ones with windmills and dancing monkeys.
Dancing clowns damnit.

I agree that the holes that I remember are the ones that have some sort of natural feature that makes them stick out in your mind. Hole #18 at Sipapu where you have worked your way all of the way to the top of the mountain and then you throw straight down 800 feet. I'm sure there are some great water holes as well out there. I'm not a big fan of artificially creating something weird or unusual. Generally great holes speak for themselves.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968