www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know the Buzzz is a tremendously popular mid-range disc with a solid history.  So, now that the Mako has been out for about a year, how do people like it compared to the Buzzz?

Views: 614

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the mako is a little more flippy
I like the mako better. I have a max weight star mako and It isn't flippy at all. It stays super straight and even falls super straight. It will hold any line I want, but I use an aero for shorter shots that I might have used a buzz for. I just gave away my last buzz to a beginner. My mako can handle much more snap...
I just don't believe you.
well then, i will have to try a Mako. BUT it will have to be a super disc to replace my Buzzz
Yeah, that's a hard one for me to believe too. If I snap the hell out of my buzzz it will stand up and flip over but if I putt any sort of snap to the Mako it turns right over and heads towards the ground. I've been throwing Buzzz's for my standard mid-range for a long time and IMO, they are much better. The Mako (for me) is used for more of a touch shot that you want to fall straight down, not for any real distance or power.
If you enjoy the Aero, you should try a mako. I haven't fallen in love with the buzz. I grew into the sport with my roc but now days I am not a big roc guy. I always loved my aero for approach shots. The mako feels just like the aero, but it is a faster disc that is more stable. Not as stable as a new roc. It is also a great disc for getting out of trouble. I use it on holes that I need to throw a 140-260 ft straight tunnel shot on or any hole that requires a slight fade and I throw it on a hyzer angle for a nice light fade. I just love the feel of a full power pull on my mako. It is just absolutely the most reliable disc in my bag. I gave it to my buddy who couldn't throw a 170g valkrie 120ft and his first throw was 220ft and almost straight...
I use my mako as a straight to turn over driver. I can put it easily 300+. It does need a little more touch or a bit more hyzer. They do fly very straight and and fade straight. Take them both to a field and throw them. I like the mako better then the buzz and I started playing/got my first ace with a buzz.
i love my mako, it holds any line i want and does anything i want it to do, used to use a skeeter for my mid but now im all about my star mako (175g) and have yet to find anything that i would replace it with
For me the Buzzz is money! I just didn't feel as confident with the Mako. It's a bit to flippy for me.
Mako = fantastic (my opinion)
the mako is a good disc, but better then a buzzz? C'mon the buzzz is far to versitale to even be in the same sentance as a mako. mako dont like wind, can't hyzer like a buzzz can and if it touches a branch its done. I will always have a mako it is a straight flier more of a specilty disc. If I don't know what to throw it will always be a buzzz, mako only gets straight shots its pretty good on a anhzer too.
Buzzz hands down. The current run of Z's are so freakin sweet, they are all flat and are very stable like the 2nd 1st runs were . There just isnt a better disc out there. period. I have thrown the mako and wasnt very impressed. The 2 discs really arent that comparable as the buzzz is much faster and stable but I think the mako has more glide. I know innova has been tryin to make something to compete with the buzzz (yes i know how awesome the roc is but it flys completely different) but the mako isnt it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968