www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know the Buzzz is a tremendously popular mid-range disc with a solid history.  So, now that the Mako has been out for about a year, how do people like it compared to the Buzzz?

Views: 568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nothing comparable comes close to a buzz. I do not think a mako is "real" comparable. The more I play, the more I love the buzz.
Maybe Innova should steal the mold, like Discraft does..lol!
Well I am getting a Mako on Monday when my local store finally gets them. I have been using a Buzz for two years now (since I started disc golfing) and love it. I would love a 150g buzzz though.

On a side note: I think my wife is glad that we are not having any more kids . . . I would name a boy Buzzz and a girl Anny. (of course she named the other kids)
Im glad someone else asked this question... I have been playing for a real long time and I am just now training myself on all the mid range discs and how to throw backhand... I have been using the buzzz primarily as my mid range disc and I love that disc very much... I can flick it almost totally vertical and it turns over instantly and stays right on the straight flight path with a somewhat fade as well... A lot of the people I ask about mid range say that they love the buzzz as this thread will show as well... my cousin only throws discraft but he still prefers the roc over the buzzz so I guess to each his own
Which buzz mold is the best? I haven't found this miracle disc but I'm definately gonna buy another sometime soon. Whatis the best Buzz to buy? Typically, I throw about a 169-173g disc but have been buying heavier midranges lately. What Buzz would you reccomend?
i have an elite z buzz, weight is 176. it was my 3rd disc i bought 3 years ago and it has played every round of golf i have played. ( well not every one. to improve my game i played a bunch of rounds with only a putter, during my first summer )
For me, the Buzzz and Mako are very similar in flight...basically holding the angle of release that you give it.
Slow curve hyzer shot, no problem, Straight shot that dies on the straight line, OK, and anhyzer all the way to the end of the flight, Sweet.
These discs really do what you tell them, the only fail point is your angle of release.
They both are very consistent once you learn how they fly.
The Buzzz comes in so many varieties from FLX to Z and custom stamps that there are slight flight differences.
The Mako choices are First Run and Release Run.
The Mako in my opinion needs to be a bit stiffer for me to use it...I do not like any flexibility in my discs!
You can already find a Stiff Buzzz...
Maybe use the plastic from the KC Pro Roc and make me a KC Pro Mako...Stiff, Durable and breaks in Nicely!

Now I may have to convince Kenny to start using them!
they both have comfortable grips. what else do they have in common? theres a reason people started throwing buzz instead of a rock, its the best
It is my understanding that Discraft Paid Innova...
Do not open the can of worms!
Maybe a Champion Mako ?
glow z buzz concures all
if the main man KC sponsors the Maco I might quit the hole damn game. I would tink KC's a sell out and he ain't. at least thats what i wanna beleive.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968