www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How come some people only play for a couple years then lose interest? And how do ya keep people in to it?

Views: 518

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Allow me to answer your second question with a question: Why should I, or anyone else, try to keep someone into it when their inclination is to move on?  I've seen a lot of people come and go over 34 years, myself included.  Most have legitimate reasons.  As to the rest, I try to be nonjudgmental about whether a person should or should not be throwing frisbees.  If you're diabetic and I care about you, I might be judgmental about whether you are taking your insulin and observing your diet, but there just is not anyone to whom I can say, "Hey, you should be throwing frisbees.  Are you nuts?"

Change and Bruce Brakel's post.

I played and ran tourneys for about 12 years,played almost every day during that time then things happened and I developed other interests like going back to school and sand volleyball and played  disc maybe 5 times from 1992 to 2010. Then they built a course near me and I got hooked again. There are still many players from the time I was playing and some doing quite well Like Ken Climo for example. But as others have said life changes and other interests will draw people away,though some of us show up again.

Children and tendinitis are my reason for not playing as much, especially tournaments. Tendinitis has taken the biggest toll on me this year. Even putting hurts so I decided to quit for this year in hopes of being able to play again next year.

How do you catch that tendinitus?

Tendinitis (informally also tendonitis)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002209/

:)

Do you mean Tendonitis ?

Like me  , I have lost my health. It would be nice to be

completely healthy again, so I could atleast compete !

There is so much to do in the world, it's like saying you have to play 'disc golf' and like it or else.

You should have posted "What would you be doing if there were NO DISC GOLF?"

Growing up I participated in every sport that was available, it's called an open mind and being well rounded....

I enjoyed getting good at more than one sport.

If I were younger I'd try this:

By the way I do mountain bike but not as extreme as this.....

Always Win Money !!!!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968