www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

OK, so I am really curious how other disc golfers mark their discs in case they lose it.  Up until now, I have written my name and number on the inside of the rim where I would normally grip with the tips/pads of my fingers.  That way minimal ink.
I have recently become a PDGA member and thought about adding my PDGA # as well, but I certainly don't need name, phone number, and PDGA # on the disc. 
Are there some out there who only mark their discs with their PDGA #? 
How do you all do it?

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Further more, you forgot your favorite pet, the high school you attended and your 2012 election predictions....
Just couldn't pass by without putting my 2 cents in, even though this is an old thread.

Sharpie on the inner rim, right where your finger tips grip, does a fine job of making a permanent mark with out messing up the image on the disc face. As to how what to put, it all depends on your goal. If you want the disc back, then by all means put complete contact info and don't forget to mention the finders fee. On the other hand if you simply want to comply with PDGA rules, any unique mark will do.

As I've long ago given up on both returning discs or trying to get back ones that I've lost, I simply put my PDGA # on it. If I lose one I hope whoever finds it will use it, or better yet pass it on to someone that hasn't yet built his bag. In my romantic, minds eye, I always envision someone finding it and passing it on to his little brother, who he is teaching the game. Of course that's just the fairy tale I tell myself when I finally give up and pronounce it lost. I realize that there is an equal or better chance that the next time I see that disc it will be on the shelves at the PIAS store.
hmmmm, i havent been marking my new discs lately, I lost one last year and no one ever called. i have found a few. i called the number one time and it was disconnected, another was when i was out of town, called left a message and he never returned my call, the last one i found was unique but no info. i suppose i should put my name and number on mine because the way i see it is if there is no info then its pretty much a freebie unless someone asks about it.
I always write name and number on them. We seem to have a great group of people who play at the courses that I play at. Every time I lose one somebody calls with in 2 days to say that theyve found it. If its one that I play with all the time I arrange to meet with them or have them drop it at one of the pro shops since they give an in store credit for them and you play the credit to get it back. Or if I meet up with them then i give them a few bucks for finding it. If its one that has been gone for a while and Ive already picked up a new one then I just tell them to keep it. But I find on average at least 3 or 4 discs a week playing and have yet to keep somebodys unless theres no markings on it at all, and if somebody calls me out on using their disc and it didnt have any markings on it I gladely hand it back to them and loan them my permanent marker so they can write their info on it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968