www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

[original deleted]
This is the latest (not quite right, but the closest yet) map of the course at Mary Beth Doyle Park and Wetland Preserve. The city is going to plant a lot of trees there, in a way that helps retain some of the old Brown Park's heritage

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I cant wait Terry. Just like before if you need anyhelp let me know I'll do my best to be there.
Where is Mary Beth Doyle Park in Ann Arbor? I'm not familiar with the name of this park.
It used to be called Brown Park. It's inside the triangle formed by Packard, Platt, and Stone School. It was the city's first course and was removed almost 4 years ago when the county (who owns that land) began a complete remake of the topography in order to clear the water from Mill Creek as it passes through the park.
It is the old brown park. Its located off stoneschool rd just north of 94 behind some town houses.
Thanks! That's why I couldn't find it on the map of A2 that I had.
I like the lengths of #17 and #18 as they appear on the map! That #18 of yours is going to be a tough, tough deuce, Terry.
I like the lengths of #17 and #18 as they appear on the map! That #18 of yours is going to be a tough, tough deuce, Terry.
UPDATE: The course should be completed by this time next week -- or at least the tee pads and pins should be in place. The signage may not be ready by then, and we will still need to add protective foliage around the course.

It's already been announced in other forums that the five water holes (holes 1 through 5 on the map above) were scrapped last week due to safety and environmental concerns. This last-minute change leaves less space for the course. We've managed to squeeze 18 holes into the remaining space, resulting in a shorter series of holes than originally planned. The Mary Beth Doyle course will allow several opportunities for ace runs, much like the old Brown Park course did.

The new design still includes some holes with two tee pads, while other holes will offer only one tee.

The course will be an excellent course for beginning golfers to navigate, and some strategic placement of the tees and pins allows for a large number of "safari" holes. (I'm planning on creating an unofficial "safari scorecard" with maps of possible safari routes, to be used when the regular layout isn't in use.)

In honor of old Brown Park's annual event, I also hope to eventually run a monthly Ace Race in MBD Park, offering a regular start time ("10am on the first Sunday of every month", for instance), with a buy-in somewhere between $2 and $5 per month. Whether two people, 20 people or 50 people show up, we've got ourselves an instant Ace Race each month of the year!
In my last post I mentioned that new course offers "a shorter series of holes than originally planned". It's important to note that only three of the previously-designed holes were altered, so almost all of Terry's original plan is intact.
anyone got an updated map?
I'm working on one, Cassidy, but am traveling on business with limited time this week. I have a rough sketch somewhere I'll maybe find later today.
Played today! Still just poles but hey its something. Got confused a few times but I think I was playing the course in the right order and to the right poles but not 100% shure. Lol! If I am correct there are going to be quite a few ace runs out there. Looking forward to the course completion.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968