www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

[original deleted]
This is the latest (not quite right, but the closest yet) map of the course at Mary Beth Doyle Park and Wetland Preserve. The city is going to plant a lot of trees there, in a way that helps retain some of the old Brown Park's heritage

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I played it earlier this week as well. I really am looking forward to this, as a beginner the hole lengths are very appealing because I want to learn control before I start throwing big. This course reminds me a little bit of a cross between the original at Hudson Mills as far as the fields lined with tall grass and shrubbery, and Bandemer as the woods sections go. There are a couple holes to let loose on, one particular hole looking downhill for a nice long drive into the woods but for the most part, it seems like a course for smaller arms like mine. I welcome this as Bandemer is my current favorite park for it's shorter lengths but THIS course is a 5 minute walk from my house :-) The only thing that bugs me is of course, unavoidable.. the 94 traffic noise can be loud when in the woods.. but you win some, you lose some.

All in all, this is going to be a solid course that will be great to bring people to if you want to introduce them to the game, with some holes that will entertain even the seasoned vets. I appreciate the hard work of all those involved to bring this into existence, and if there is any room for some volunteer labor to get this to completion sooner, I'm just around the corner :-)
basket update?
I'll tell you in about 3 hrs..
**UPDATE** Played today and baskets are still not in, Just the poles. Still fun to play
thanks for the layout drawing
The rest of the course is being completed in three stages:

1) Cleaning up around tee pads and welding of basket and chains hardware onto the poles;
2) Planting of 60-80 trees - stakes will be placed at tree locations today; and
3) Tee, directional, and warning signs.
Sweet. I cant wait. I am enjoying the layout. Nothing like playing 18 holes in 45 min. Its great having a short course 5 min. down the road.
The tree stake markers are in the ground, and each one is labelled with the type of tree to be planted there. We'll need more stakes to be placed between 14 basket and 17 basket, and some to protect hole 18's tee pad.

More fill dirt has been placed around some of the tee pads, but not all of them.
Hey Cassidy, looks like you are playing this course about as much as I am (I live just around the corner by Stone School and Eisenhower) We should hook up out there some time. I'm new to warn ya, but I'm getting a pretty good feel for this course!

They already planted some trees! Holes 1 and 2 already feel completely different!
David.. leagues are tomorrow at 5:15ish. please feel fre to join us.. it's free of charge and we allways welcome newbees..
I'll be out there. WOOT WOOT
Yeah david you should come out to the league tonight at mary beth doyle. Its alot of fun. We dont have a charge to play unless you want to get into one of the side games.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968