www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This was something we were waiting for, to get moving on next steps. I have nothing to report on next steps (other than that I have to examine this in detail, hole by hole, and respond regarding tee and pin locations and potential placements of trees, etc.) but I thought people would like to see the map.

UPDATE: July 2, 2009

I got totally soaked walking around the course this morning with a group of potential contractors. Next week, probably, the city will issue an official Request for Proposals. Then, when the bids come in for course construction, next steps will be decided.

If the bid is above a certain amount (not sure of that amount, but it likely will be) then approval of it will need to go to city council. This is NOT a potential block, as the funds being used are approved, just an oversight function by the council.

Then the construction will begin, even with that big fence still there. In fact, it now seems likely that the big fence is there to stay for as long as maybe another year and a half :(

That means that actually playing Holes 3 and 4, and maybe 5, will be quite a chore for a while.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice graphics Terry. Is that for proposal purposes? BTW, you have a propsed tree icon instead of a proposed basket icon on hole 9. Also, is the propsed short tee on 18 also the short tee for 16?
Thanks. This is drawn by the city and will assist them in bidding the construction. I'll note the misplaced tree. Yes, 16 and 18 short share a tee.
I definitely see some other issues here, and am compiling a list.
Any word on how the bidding is going?
That won't start until I help them to finalize the tweaks on this map.
any word on the course?
There is an interested-contractor walk-through late next week. Presumably, there wll be bids afterwards and then the construction will start. Construction now will NOT wait for that fence to come down.
Am i correct in reading this the course flows in the opposite direction as to what it did years ago?
I wouldn't say that, Bill. I would say that it flows quite differently.

Holes 1-5 go in a circle, clockwise, around most of the water in the park. Then 6-12 go east before heading south and then looping around in a circle where it began. Finally, holes 13-18 take up the space previously consumed by old holes 1-6. They go east, then west, and then back east to a pin for hole 18 that is somwhat near where old hole 2's pin was located.
I wish they would at least mow so we can play flag to pole till they get the contracting done.
UPDATE: July 2, 2009

I got totally soaked walking around the course this morning with a group of potential contractors. Next week, probably, the city will issue an official Request for Proposals. Then, when the bids come in for course construction, next steps will be decided.

If the bid is above a certain amount (not sure of that amount, but it likely will be) then approval of it will need to go to city council. This is NOT a potential block, as the funds being used are approved, just an oversight function by the council.

Then the construction will begin, even with that big fence still there. In fact, it now seems likely that the big fence is there to stay for as long as maybe another year and a half :(

That means that actually playing Holes 3 and 4, and maybe 5, will be quite a chore for a while.
so be it. let's get the baskets in!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968