www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The more i play disc golf the more i find myself interested in watching ball golf. I am especially interested in this weekends masters tournament in georgia. While ball golf is nowhere near as great as Disc Golf i find enjoyment watching PGA tournaments on tv. While the two games differ greatly they both come down to the same basic elements. I like watching to see the Big drivers lose to the great putters, the risk reward designs of certain holes, course management, accuracy over distance and vice versa.
My pick for this weekends tournament is Geoff Ogilvy.

Is anyone drawn to Ball golf, that only plays disc golf,

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started ball golf 22 years ago and was hooked the first time out.The same with disc golf, hooked first time out.Hey Joel, you did'ent say if you have ever played ball golf,it's just as awsome to crush a drive as it is to throw one.
I am the same way lately. I watch the golf channel a lot now. All the similarities, pressure putts, pars, bogeys, etc.
I never used to watch.
P.S. I dont play ball golf currently but my sister & brother do & they are very good at it.
I also watch ball golf quite a bit but haven't played in a many years. Despite the obvious differences there are many similarities between the two sports. For instance, some of the instructional shows on the golf channel focus on the mental aspects of the their game and many of the points they make apply directly to our sport and have helped me develop my skills. I have to admit to some jealousy of the coverage ball golf gets. We can only dream of the day that we can turn on the Disc Golf Channel. Some day hopefully. As for this week, I think Ogilvy has a good shot to win but Tigers always a threat. I like the way Rory McIlroy, the kid from Ireland, has been playing. If he keeps developing, watch out.
Rory Mcilroy sounds similar to Roy McAvoy. Hope he doesn't pull a Tin Cup.

I have never played stick golf, but I also enjoy watching it on TV.
I have definitely started paying attention to more ball golf since I starting playing disc golf. I would say the most critical aspects I am drawed to is the discussion of mental focus, character on the field, and positive atttitude amongst fellow players. I think it's great to watch these aspects from professional ball golfers and incorporate them into your own disc golf game.
What a sunday round Phil and Tiger trying to make up ground and Angel Cabrera winning in a playoff.
That was a great early charge by Phil and Tiger -- but as happens way too often, Phil the bonehead Mickelson made a mental error & hit the wrong club (long is way better than short) on Par3 12 and double-bogied due to a ball in the water. And then Kenny Perry melted (as did most everyone) down under the pressure and it became winner by attrition. The Masters produces Sunday Back 9 pressure like no other tournament, even grizzled veterans succumb to it. It was the best Masters in a while, for sure.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968