www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This would be my response also. Get those mids and putters to fly for you then work up to Fairway and Distance Drivers. They'll show you what your doing wrong...

If you don't have the arm speed to throw a Katana or Vulcan... it's just gonna be over stable for you. You have to throw the disc at the speed it's made to fly, in order for it to do what it's supposed to.

I'll echo the stay away from the high speed discs advice.

When you practice, practice with putters and mids.  Most players that are throwing 300+ with ease are the same players who are throwing putters at least 150-200 and mids 250-300.  And it's all in the technique.  If you have technique good enough to throw a putter 200+ feet, you have technique that will translate to throwing a driver 350+.

Once you have the technique, then figuring out which high-speed drivers are appropriate for you is that much easier.  That said, I swear by the Valkyrie as a great distance disc for beginners and/or for (lacking a better term) "weenie" arms.  If you can't throw a Valkyrie 300 feet, you've got no shot at doing it with a faster disc like a Katana or Vulcan.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968