www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

medical mj passes in Michigan!!!!!

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its the same as north of the border. Did you know in Canada you can kill someone get it knoked down to manslaughter be out in less than 5 yrs...get busted growing more than 5 plants your gonna do 10 WTH?

actually in the b.c. part of canada its legal to have so much on you and if you have a "shop" you can grow it. if you get caught growing it without a shop they give you a fine not jail otherwise most of b.c. would be locked up. here in the usa the law states if it is prescribed by a doctor (whether its illegal federally or not) you can have it kind of like morphine, oxycotton, etc. most states you can have up to so much( usually 2.5 grams or less) on you and not get in trouble. most states like here in illinois you can grow up to 4 plants and only get a misdermeaner slap on the wrist. everyone should read their states cannabis control act and they will be suprised how different the law actually is than what most think. the true gateway drugs are tobacco and alcohol and prescription drugs. there are more teens using prescription drugs stolen from grandma and grandpas cabinets before even trying pot and most of them dont start smoking pot cause the pills work fine for them. i think this country needs to refocus the war on drugs to the current problems are kids face not what lawmakers faced when they were kids.
Aaaaa reasons that I love being a Callifornian, we have had our medical mj seince 96 (first in the nation). Rock on Michigan, I'm glad to hear that another state has gotten on the bandwagon.
This brings me to a question I've had for a while, If I'm a medical mj patiant, is it ok for me to smoke during a PDGA tourny, if it's taking my meds? Any one know?
Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA# 0001
whats medical mj?
Emphasis mine. This is from the Rules of Play. Language from the Competition Manual, which also applies, is below this.

RULES OF PLAY

804.05 Disqualification and Suspension

A. A player shall be disqualified by the director for meeting any of the necessary conditions of
disqualification as set forth in the rules, or for any of the following:
(1) Unsportsmanlike conduct, such as; loud cursing, throwing things in anger (other than discs
in play), or overt rudeness to anyone present.
(2) Willful and overt destruction or abuse of plant life, course hardware, or any other
property considered part of the disc golf course or the park.
(3) Cheating: a willful attempt to circumvent the rules of play.
(4) Activities which are in violation of the law or park regulation or disc golf course rule,
including the illegal consumption of drugs or alcohol.

COMPETITION MANUAL (PDF)

Section 3.1.C. The use of illegal substances is forbidden from the 2-
minute warning until the player’s scorecard is submitted.

----

I'm not an attorney, but I'd figure that in the case of medical marijuana for which a player has a prescription, it would be much like for any other medication that takes a prescription but that would otherwise be unlawful for a player to be using - like stuff with codeine, etc.
Terry Hussein Calhoun said:
Emphasis mine. This is from the Rules of Play. Language from the Competition Manual, which also applies, is below this.

RULES OF PLAY

A. A player shall be disqualified by the director for meeting any of the necessary conditions of
(1) Unsportsmanlike conduct, such as; loud cursing, throwing things in anger (other than discs
(2) Willful and overt destruction or abuse of plant life, course hardware, or any other
(4) Activities which are in violation of the law or park regulation or disc golf course rule,

COMPETITION MANUAL (PDF)

----

I'm not an attorney, but I'd figure that in the case of medical marijuana for which a player has a prescription, it would be much like for any other medication that takes a prescription but that would otherwise be unlawful for a player to be using - like stuff with codeine, etc.

So in your oppinon it would be OK?
So it is illegal to use pain meds durring play?
No I mean from the doc...legit and low dose not knock you out pain meds.....that would kinda be counterintuitive wouldn't it?
Yes but sadly there are many people ( Discgolfers included ) going to a doctor who is willing to write them a prescription for medical mj for the price of an office visit and a small in my back pocket fee, I know several socal discer's that have done just that, these people are perfectly healthy and are simply bucking the system for the sake of their addiction. Pretty soon will have discgolfers walking around playing in public parks and in tournament waiving medical mj cards around, and then we wounder why are sport isn't growing.Just my opinion I know I am in the minority.
Terry Hussein Calhoun said:

RULES OF PLAY

COMPETITION MANUAL (PDF)

----

Smoke your joint before the 2 minute horn, and hopefully you didnt buy bunk stuff and it gets you through the round haaaaa!
what ?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968