www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

It irritates me the way certain individuals use the front page for hundreds of tournament "snap-shots". Don't they have a video cam? Or...can't you put all those photo's on your own page as a slide show presentation? I feel the photo's section of the Media drop down window...should be for personal and interesting photos...not frozen disc golfer tournament snap-shots. Very boring indeed.
K

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well put derek, and on another note there are plenty of free sites that will allow you to upload pics, some will even pay a percentage of photos purchased. i use photobucket and even then i do not upload everything i shoot as that would be a waste of time imo. by using these sites all i have to do is provide a link to the pics. i might shoot 100 to 300 pics of a tourney but upload 50 t0 80 of the best to get a good variety of players.
i do not post much here much but i do enjoy the site and reading other peoples opinions.
I certainly hope so...I certainly hope so...GEEESH!! (Smiling fanaticly).
K.
I'm glad my "rant" discussion has taken somewhat of a turn into tech. talk.
My main reason for ranting was for the individuals who post like six or so photo's in succession of a discer going through the motions of his drive off the tee pad. Hundreds maybe. Some don't even classify as photo's, but snap-shots. You have the right idea and filter yours. The rest of the photo's that are posted are all good.
As I stated earlier...I use alot of photo's from discers as wallpaper.
Again...interesting tech relationship between you and Derek Tonn. Maybe you guys could start a photo club here (seriously).
Thanks,
K.
there is one ken, but it does not see much activity anymore

http://discgolfer.ning.com/group/discgolfphotographers
Hmmm...alot of members. Must have talked about everything.
K.
I actually take many of those pictures for Donny. I use a motor drive on a digital slr. They are legit. Not sure about BC's archive though.
Mine are from my tour. Course walkthrough, been waiting for high speed to be able to share them with the community. I don't re-upload the same untitled photos dozens of times just for points like some people do.
I'll admit, I was a bit preturbed at some of the photos and videos being uploaded at first.

but it's not about what I or anyone else thinks is appropriate, to an extent.

and I dont mind the photos or videos as much now. it lets us know what other friends/members/like-minded disc golfers are all about. which is cool with me. and should be cool with y'all.

we are a community after all. and disc golf is the common glue, but not the be all-end all of what holds us together.

as long as no one is uploading too much stuff that is completely unrelated to either themselves or disc golf then we should find some tolerance, as we must do on the course from time to time.

love people. love. lets find some.
here's a New Years Resolution for me - be less critical of those that have passion for what they do, even if what they do is being a frozen disc golfer shooting snap-shots
explain how to put photos in an album and maybe more would do it. Remember any extra effort is gonna be torture to alot of people.
I started my discussion way back in October of '09. Now it is January of '10. I had completely forgotten about the discussion as it is now old. But new to some I guess. It is January 2010 now...not October of 2009. I may have to delete it.
To the individual who wanted to know how to upload pics. to an album.
Take pictures with digital camera, transfers pics.from camera or chip to a spot on your computer, go to my albums on Discgolfers R.us, transfer pics from the spot you chose to my albums.
If you have disc golf course pics. make sure you put them in from last to first. If anyone has any more suggestions as to how to upload pics. to my albums... feel free to add your comments.
K.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968