www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

It irritates me the way certain individuals use the front page for hundreds of tournament "snap-shots". Don't they have a video cam? Or...can't you put all those photo's on your own page as a slide show presentation? I feel the photo's section of the Media drop down window...should be for personal and interesting photos...not frozen disc golfer tournament snap-shots. Very boring indeed.
K

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I put my dyed disc. They can do what they want.
When we load pictures to our own page they automatically get put on the front page, at least the last six that you upload.
Concur. The newest pics go on the front page automatically. Relax.
I think what Ken's saying(?).....is instead of loading pictures as individual pictures...load them as an Album....the thought being(?).....an album will only display the first picture(?)...thus taking up less space on the front page(?) Or less space on the media drop down window(?) ????
Perhaps we should define most irritating ones.
Some I have noticed are...
Copies of girls from fashion magazines that have nothing to do with disc golf.
Pictures of your family vacation that did not include any disc golf. Facebook please.
Blurry pictures of any kind. Please go back and delete them already.
Pictures of your dog. Use your facebook for that. This is Disc Golf.
Dogs with frisbees, dogs on the course, snakes on the course. Great!
Not 20 pictures of your dogs face while he tries to lick the camera. Facebook please.
Tattoos, Cars, Videos of National Enquirer events that have absolutely nothing to do with disc golf. Please Stop.
Try to think about whether or not it is related to disc golf. If it is not, save it for your Facebook and spare us.
I have several other hobbies, but I never dump that here. I go to the site that it is related to.
Music, for instance, is on 1club.fm. It is a social site on this same NING network where you can load all of your concert pictures, videos, and chat about Music. I do not load pictures of Disc Golf there. Just my concert pics and vids. Get it?
Now please go delete your blurry pictures...lol. rAnTiNg & rAvInG!
Whatever !!!! lmao
what if thier dogs name is "discgolf"?
Yeah seriously, don't you have anything else to cry about? Dude I shave spent a great deal of time going to tournaments, sitting out so that I can take 100's of pictures of the tournaments. I am one of those people you are pointing a finger at since I have uploaded over 1200 pictures. And yes they automatically put the last 6 up!!!! Just because you don't enjoy them doesn't mean others dont.................Narcissist( it isn't all about you)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GET A LIFE MAN!!!!!!!
Jamie,
Yes...you have the right idea as to what I was trying to get at. Put all those same, same-ol pics. in an album. It's like the individual...D.O. used a video cam to film the disc golfers and copied all the frames as snapshots to the front page. Just seemed a bit over done. All of those should be re-located to a disc golf instructional manual.
Thanks for trying to figure out what it was I was saying. Keep up the good work Mr "gr8rocshot" Ruane.
K.
Russell,
Thanks for your response and I'm glad it touched a chord with you. Now put down that camera and go out and have a great round of disc golf. Let me know how you did.
K.
i think i will take a bunch more pics today just for you ...and i'll turn auto focus off
Mdub,
Ok...thanks for your input. I just added that "rant" discussion to see if I was alone with what I wa ranting about. I figured no one would make any comments at all, or an individual would make a reply as Mr. Gore did.
I guess I got both. Mr. Ruane had the right idea about the album. Put those repetitive pics. somewhere else.
Thanks,
K.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968