www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A new course is opening in my area, but it will be membership only. The owner of the land, a brewery, wants to protect the property from too much trash or vandals. So to be able to play there you must either be with a member and pay a small fee or meet with the owner and pay a yearly membership (small fee, only $30 i think).

How does everyone feel about this?

The money isnt even worth talking about, only $30 for a years membership is great. What I don't want to see happen is disc golf become like ball golf with members only courses and pre-arranged tee times, having to be friends with someone involved with the course to even get in. I don't think one course could alter the entire disc golf world, but how many before it does?

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We started our disc golf club to avoid some of the very same people everyone here has talked about. If I had the money to build my own private course, you'd better believe I would charge green fees and or membership fees.
I'm all for it, we're thinking of having that done here on a few courses. I'm a member of the board for the ADGA and we've been approached by the state and city about the issues on some of the courses. I think if we did a pay to play there would be money to pay someone to cleanup and/or police the park. The big bonus is that it gets rid of the vandals and most of the rude jack asses. I'm all for it...I'd pay a yearly membership or even pay a price every time I went to play on said course.
America is a great country.
You have choices.
Choose to pay to play or not.
People will pay for piece of mind on private property.
Sounds like a piece of Disc Golf Heaven....There are a few private course around...one comes to mind up around Johnson City TN....must be a PDGA member and make reservations..I believe.
I kinda hope that there are more pay places that pop up but I would love to see a mix of public, private, and pay to play courses.I also think that one reason ball golf gets hurt is because of the exclusiveness of it, and the price tag (membership and clubs).How cool would it be if there was a one to five ratio of private courses to public.
Disc golf exclusive?
Not going to happen.
My God how cheap can it get?
There's definitely room for both....public and private. Free will likely always eclipse Fee.
I'm all for it! I think it would be a great way to separate the different "ranks" of disc golfers. There are the groups of kids that are just looking to get wasted and walk in the park. There are others that are more competitive that do not wish to play around groups like that. Pay to play would just be another option for your group when you go out. I would pay, or join if it were still reasonable (probably up to $50/year)
Hilarious! I agree pay to play is a good viable option. You guys willing to pay "as much as $50" for a yearly membership are what's cracking me up. You'd love to have a private course, but don't really want to pay for it....
I believe that as the sport gains in popularity the numbers will increase the demographics and allow for higher end courses. These courses will offer multiple courses on site and nice facilities. Membership could run in the hundreds and would be worth it for many players. The spectrum will be free to exclusive.
let's see...
$3 to play on a weekday at Morley Field, San Diego
$4 to play on a weekend/holiday at Morley Field, San Diego
$30 for a monthly pass at Morley Field, San Diego, a monthly pass that is not good on weekends/holidays

and we still get the drunks, newbies who will always be newbies, tools, course destroyers...I would gladly pay more if it drove some of them away...Morley Field, however, is an area of land set aside exclusively for disc golf, meaning we rarely deal w/ pedestrians passing through and never have to worry about throwing near picnic tables, something you can't say about some other free courses in the area that are set up in public parks...

the price to play is really nothing to gain access to land exclusively used for disc golf...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968