www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Got my hands on a bunch of the new mercy putters from Latitude today in the new EZE plastic. Great feel, seems like it will be very grippy. I putted with them for a bit today and I think I am going to love them. I'll keep you posted

Views: 351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OOOOOOOHHHHH. I can look it up myself, BUT, what do the Flight Ratings look like on the Mercy???? Keep us Updated Rob!

Here is the info from their site...

Mercy is the latest putt and approach disc released by us. Designed with deeper rim and slower speed than our earlier putters, makes it a very good alternative in our putt and approach lineup. Stable and consistant flight for putting, approach and short drives. What else can you wish for? Made in our new plastic EZE line.

Flight ratings are:
Speed: 2, Glide: 4, Turn: 0, Fade: 1

I have used rhynos for ever and ever. I can't imagine they will replace the rhynos for approaches but I think it might be time to go to a more straight stable putter. IMO, there is not a better forehand annie floater disc for approaches than the rhyno. Saying that, I crossed the street in heavy winds (the rhyno is also awesome in the wind) with the mercys and started to drop annies on my basket. My oh my! They held a line beautifully! Steep diggers and majestic floaters both. Seemed impervious to the wind from 150-200 feet with forehands. The rhynos have always felt like throwing a phone book, not that that is a bad thing but these babies just jump out of my hand. I'll take them to a field tomorrow and see how they handle a little more power.

As for the plastic...my son throws wizards and it feels like the medium wizards to me. Still kinda rigid but with a soft powdery feel too? First impressions were extremely favorable.

I can change drivers at the drop of a hat but to change putters is a big commitment. Just might have found the one for me!

I have been putting with the DX Aviar P&A's for quite a while. I have been trying out the Mercy and Pure alongside my Aviar for about 2 weeks now. I must say, the Mercy has a great feel, and it holds a dead nuts straight line to the basket. It just seems to hover out of my hand and track to the chains. They are a little flatter and shallower than my Aviar which gives me a cleaner release. Usually a flatter putter doesn't glide enough for me and tend to be more overstable, but this thing is less stable than the Ave and way less stable than the Pure. The Pure almost has to be hyzer released for me to get enough on it to get there. I am digging the Mercy, and its about time to start playing actual rounds with it.

Just threw them in a field with full power and I am very pleasantly surprised...again. I thought they would just flip over and roll both forehand and backhand at full velocity but that was not the case. It was dead calm but still, they handled speed very well. Definitely fly further than my rhynos but just about everything does. The surprising part is they held a line beautifully for the duration of flight. No flipping at all. Granted, I don't have a huge arm but they were going 275 comfortably

Had the opportunity to putt with the Mercys in strong winds today. The same winds that are causing problems for the fire fighters here in Northern Colorado on our big fire. I have not had a putter that flies this straight handle headwinds this well ever before. The Mercy just keeps doing what it does, flying at the chains! No flipping over, no huge lifts, just straight and predictable.

Sounds pretty sweet! Ive been using the soft bangers for a couple of years now and havent tried anything else. This might be my chance to try a new putter. Its hard to beat the anny line of a banger though!

So the Mercy has made the bag for my putting duties. I have 2 Red ones at 173g's, and man are they grippy. I am keeping the DX Aviar P&A in the bag to use for driving and as a backup. Just love these floaty putters, it's like playing arir hockey.

Air hockey is a good analogy! They just seem to float, don't they? I haven't had any problems with them blowing by the basket though...

I received  my Mercy putter today not sure about it yet mine is very slick I hope it gets better the more I use it

Wash it with warm water and dish soap.....seriously.

thanks I'll try that

I was out driving with the mercys yesterday and they are going to be great for Charlotte, they could not be straighter and still not flip over at high speed. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968