www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I aint looking for sympathy just wondering how common this is.  When i fully extend my arm it pings with pain right in the elbow pit.

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had a similar injury (tendon) 2 years ago and it required a cortisone injection to relieve the continual pain. I had to follow with physical therapy. This is what I gained from my experience.

Stretch the tendon before and after play. With palm facing up, pull back on your hand of the affected elbow as hard as you can and hold for a minimum of 10 seconds. Reverse the process (palm facing down) by pulling the wrist back towards the elbow. Again hold this stretch for a minimum of 10 seconds. Do this multiple times per day. It is even more effective when under hot water (shower).

Ice should be applied after play for 30 minutes to reduce imflamation.

In order for healing to occur, blood flow to the affected area is crucial. Blood flow is increased only when inflamation is reduced. The stretching is KEY to the healing process as it allows the tendon to expose itself to more blood flow and prevents scar tissue build-up (think of a wound up rubber band that has kinks). Stretching pulls out the kinks.

Ice, Ice, Ice after play. Stretch, stretch, stretch before and after play.

The healing takes time (months). Best of luck to you

Sounds like "tennis elbow". Pretty common. I know of a guy who wears one of those bands on the elbow to help with it.

I did the SAME EXACT THING David! I used to Pitch when I played Baseball and threw out my elbow though. I started having pains playing Disc Golf, BUT, it was Mostly when I would Putt. I started wearing a Tennis/Golf Elbow Support (Like the one Avery Jenkins wears) and it has 98% fixed my problem. Coolest part is I don't even notice it, so it doesn't effect my game. Best $9 I have ever spent.... 

Here is the one I ordered :

http://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Tennis-Elbow-Support-Black/dp/B000F5S...

Yeah, that is the type of band that I was talking about. However, does it go in front of or above the elbow?

It goes on just below the elbow around the forearm. Works really well... ;)

I might be getting one of these soon.

i used to get the tennis elbow from tennis .... all i did was use the tennis elbow wrap and take tylenol .... for me it allowed me to use the joint and allow it to loosen up once it was streched out the pain went away.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968