www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I saw in the paper that the Kensington Metro Park supervisor is retiring after 35 years of service -- unfortunately, the newspaper was thrown out so no details to offer. I was wondering if this is the guy that kept the Toboggan Course out of the ground for most of the season and if so, is the new supervisor more open to this course going in permanently?

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ben, didn't you list Hudson Mills as 1 of your favorites? If so, why the avoidance?
I my opinion I like the pay to play at the Metroparks. I don't get out to Hudson as much as some of you but I thought it really cut down on the riff-raff and any associated destructive behavior. I used to play a lot of ball golf and a season pass cost($50) is what one round at a nice local ball golf course would cost during a summer weekend. Paying $2 for a whole day of great golf seems like nothing to me.....hell I think i got several days worth of rounds in my change cup in my car!
Nothing, if they'd charge 2$ to walk/bike/ski/play tennis/or view nature as well.
Charging is the ONLY way to go. You get rid of 95% of the bad apples and the investments into the course last longer. The other parks WILL follow once the rabble end up at their parks.
Another Hudson Mills "first" last week: they cleared some tee pads themselves. According to the officer out collecting tolls one of the maintenance crew cleared the few inches that fell after the recent big thaw. If that's a trend, they'll draw folks in the wintertime.

I know I'll be ponying up for a county park pass as well this year. Indy Lake should be in the mix pretty often. Out of county folks will find the park n ride at US 23 and N. Territorial handy for meeting up with an in county person. I think their out-county fees are pretty steep.

Joe
I already have the Metro & Washtenaw County passes plus the disc golf annual, $95 for all, a little painful but for all the time I'll spend there, very cheap -- and yes, I saw evidence of shoveling (no attempts at putts so I assumed it was staff) at Hudson Mills late last year. I favor pay to play, it cleared out Hudson Mills last summer even on the weekends.
Not sure kicking out the riff raff will help the growth of the sport in any way.
I just played Kensington this afternoon actually, I wanted to see what's up with the new holes.
Played 24 holes, longs, having to throw liberal tees due to the ice. It was hard to tell where the new holes go, but I found a few and like the land they go out onto- the new course could be better than the old if it all works out. Exciting. I will have to get a pass because I won't want to miss out on both parks. I still think it is the wrong way to go.
I don't mind paying, but I cant agree with you more Ben.

Ben Calhoun said:
Nothing, if they'd charge 2$ to walk/bike/ski/play tennis/or view nature as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968