www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I use merrel cham and salomon trail running shoes with winter fast approaching I need to get some mid boots. What suggestions do you have?

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Buy cheap, comfortable boots with hard soles then drill sheet metal screws in the bottoms. Now your boots have ice cleats attached to them but they are no longer useful for wearing indoors. It is advisable to use screws which are shorter than the thickness of the soles.

Some players are very sensitive to cold feet and so buy huge, heavy boots. Personally, I dislike heavy boots because they are hard to throw in so I use the light ones which look like hiking boots. I find light boots, a couple sizes bigger than my shoes, allow me to wear several pair of socks, including Gortex socks (waterproof) and be reasonably comfortable. I am happy to trade warmth for maneuverability.

Ice cleats work better than anything else I have found for grip in winter conditions and work fine even on cement tees. If you play a lot you will have to replace the screws from time to time. If the soles of your boots are too soft the screws will fall out.

For anyone with substantial disposable income ignore the part about buying cheap boots and buy really nice ones in many different colors to match your outfits.
I've never had to think about winter footwear before! It only dips below freezing one or two times a year where I live! You start talking about ice cleats and extra socks! That's Commitment!
ICE CLEATS !!?......SHEET METAL SCREWS ?!?......MULTI LAYERS OF SOCKS ??!!......WOW, now i know i love the gulf coast.... warm summers, mild winters, sandy beaches... oh, by the way .... WHAT IS THE BEST DISC TO THROW DURRING A HURRICANE ??? i didn't say it's purfect, just warmer....

jc
be good
have fun
Napoleon Dynamite Moon Boots! Oh yea...

Just kidding! Sorry.
Haha! 15mph wind is rough for me to! I'm So spoiled in the las vegas sun! We can play at 2 in the morning after we leave the bar too. That's always a good time. By the way, I would try anything Mr.Ellis suggests! I've only been playing disc golf a few months and with the help of his youtube videos (and playing with guys 100 times better than me) I can throw a consistent 350' forehand or backhand, 200+ on tomahawks and have even been asked for tecnique tips by some of the better guys. So, thank you sir for loving the game, and those who play it.
I live inHouston... Our winter is like 80 degrees im wearing shorts and no shirt...
These are sexy!
Nah man funny story hahaha i threw a xcal in a head wind during hurricane ike... Flipped almost right away... but, then i took a monarch and flung it into a tail wind and that thing soared.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968