www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

my dad needs a midrange disc. he has been throwing a comet and a glowfly and he needs to get one he can actully throw. any suggestions?

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A Buzzz is about as consistent as it gets. I never met anyone who couldn't throw one!

Disc Golf Traveler
A Z Buzzz or Buzzz SS - they are downright awesome!!! Less stable than most Rocs and thus easier to throw. I love my Buzzz!
buzzz ss or a core
Buzzz or a Roc. I am over 40 and do wodners with a Buzzzz. I also like the Storm.
How far does he throw? In the long run it would be wise to stick with the comet to develop good form.
For some reason I can't throw a Buzz to save my life. But it seems to be an awesome disc for everyone. That would be my reccomendation. I personally perfer a Pro-D Drone.
Maybe a Hawk that seems to be a pretty easy disc to throw.
Well there is the Core (latitude 64) It's a Buzzz killer. The Roc, Millinnium Sentinal (overstable), Panther (good turnover disc), and the Buzzz, but I only like the First runs or the "second first runs"
if he cant throw a comet i have no idea, what is the comet doing when he throws it? is it diving right RHBH or hyzering out to early? if hes turning it over anything stable or overstable will work. if its hyzering out to earily its his form and and no disc will help him there execpt maybe a putter. either way it sounds like he needs work on his form. teach him the X step and tell him to keep the nose flat, outter wing up and keep his elbow high when he comes across his chest. saw a noob with these problems the other day on a local course, gave him some tips on hole 3, by hole 6 he had out drove all his previous longest drives 3 times in a row. he even got up to 250 and parked one by the end of 9. he was maxing out about 120 when i saw him on the first two holes. nice guy though, glad i could help him out.
forehand a warrior or shark , backhand a wasp or element, sorry not on the buzzz or roc bandwagon , if he is new to the sport i would say go with the shark which was the only midrange i used for the first 3 or 4 years i played and they roll:)
ROC is the way to go! Specifically the classic ROC.
he doesnt throw very far but has been playing for 8 years.
he know what to do but i think he needs somthing more predictable. because when he throws the comet you never know where it will land.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968