www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i have recently been throwing the wasp and the buzz as my mid range discs. So i remembered i had a stratus somewhere from my pdga membership disc this year. i brought it out to the course and i loved it!!! it flies great and holds that line a lot longer than the buzz. I knew it was going to be my new fav. took it out to roosevelt park in Alb, nM and hole in one'd # 9. my fourth time acing the hole but whatev, i'll take it... Flew very straight and hit center chains!!! Great true flight as soon as it left my hand... What are your favs?

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Midrange is properly spelled "R-O-C"

That said I've been thinking about picking up a drone to throw in the bag and see how it works.
The Star Dart is my putter, but it makes a great straight mid range approach disc too.

I love my Star Kite for turnover approach shots. It is also great for short holes where you need the disc to turnover and stay over.

I use a Star Cro for hyzer approaches or windy play.
I carry five mid-range discs:

Q Sentinel for hyzer throws;
Z Storm (my 'go to' mid-range disc I carry two of them) and ESP Comet for most straight throws, although Comet can do good anhyzers, too;
DX Stratus for must keep anhyzering; and
Sonic for shorter straight or anhyzer turns, or putts in the 40-60' range.

I'm really behind in my understanding of the Innova mid-range discs and plan to spend some time with them this spring to learn more.
I use a Classic Roc mostly, sometimes a Discraft Hawk, and I use a R PRO CRO for short rollers.
Star Skeeter for longer shots and a Star Aero for shorter shots. Both have tremendous glide and will hold any line you put on them.
My answer to all midrange conundrums is usually my comet...oh how wonderful it is!

A really good Fast mid-range disc I choose besides my Roc.

I have 2 buzz - 1 wasp - 2 drone (flx and Z) - 1 Meteor

You have the whole spectrum. super overstable to a disc you can gently turn through tight fairways.
Drone is sweet. I carry one for windy days. for the run of the mill days. I throw in my Q Sentinal. It's a more every day overstable disc. If I could only choose one. It would be the Sentinal. Just ask Ben Calhoun!
Just food for thought.

Peace!
I use the status for turnover up shots. I love that I can throw it nose up and it will still turn right. I don't have to hit the perfect angle or just the right amount a snap, just throw it flat and it will turn. I use a buzzz and drone for the rest.
Z Hawk- replaced my Meteor as my primary anhyzer disc. Great for straight shots too.
Cryztal Z Buzzz- as close to disc perfection as I can find, but slick and hard as hell in the cold.
ESP Wasp- little bit more overstable than the Buzzz, but I mostly got it because of the plastic type.
ESP Drone- Overstable workhorse, great in the wind, layups, and hyzer shots.
DGA Squall - By far my favorite midrange.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968