www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i have recently been throwing the wasp and the buzz as my mid range discs. So i remembered i had a stratus somewhere from my pdga membership disc this year. i brought it out to the course and i loved it!!! it flies great and holds that line a lot longer than the buzz. I knew it was going to be my new fav. took it out to roosevelt park in Alb, nM and hole in one'd # 9. my fourth time acing the hole but whatev, i'll take it... Flew very straight and hit center chains!!! Great true flight as soon as it left my hand... What are your favs?

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

FLX Buzzz and Drone, Z Wasp, Roc are my favs
I use the Roc primarily, Several stages of DX wear. I think that even If you aren't a roc guy buying a roc and using it enough to go through the stages of wear can teach a golfer so much about his equipment that its worthwhile even if you don't end up staying with the Roc. The transition is even and predicatable much more so then a driver in equivalent plastic. I know it taught me about how discs changed as they are seasoned.

Perhaps nowhere is it more evident that you can beat the fade out of a disc. Rocs when worn in hit that money stage relatively quickly and stay there for a while Still fairly high speed stable and almost no low speed fade.. Something I don't believe you can get throwing premium plastic discraft equivalents unless you carry a few molds, though a Buzz does get close to what that beat Roc does feels like when worn a little.

For Straight to turnover I use worn Rocs, for Hyzer a new DX or Champ Roc, for wind handling I use champ Roc that seem to fly more like a Drone than a Roc.
I currently have a z comet, a z drone, 2 champ rocs and a SE roc in the bag. but i am constantlly adding new ones to try them out, but those 5 don't ever leave my bag.
I have a 176 Flat top roc with a sweet Auburn dye. I use it for rollers and when I am in a pinch.
I have a Z comet that is my baby. Very trustworthy disc. I have two Buzz (1 old 1 new) and a wasp that is awesome for hyzer shots.

One of my favorite upshot disc's is a driver. A beat in star beast. Call me crazy but I can put that sucker right under the basket in the woods. Whatever works. LOL
I really wanted a Comet, and it was only available in Elite-X at the time. I love the disc....but what's it like in Z plastic? Does it become more stable with the change of plastic?
It is true in Z plastic.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968