www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I need your opinions on this one!  If a tourney offered a round of 9-18 hole mini disc golf over lunch with a prize of a wham-o mini basket, would you play?  How much would you pay to play? 

I'm thinking about running it USDGC qualifying style where you can quit mid-round if you're not happy with how you're shooting and start over for another paid fee.  It wouldn't cost very much per round... 5 dollars tops.  What do you think?  I'm looking for a way to up the fun and light-hearted factor at our local event.  Other ideas are welcome as well.  How can we make our event stand out?

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

great idea,check with Donnie Brooks,mini disc golf fedreation,he might even respond with more info.hit mini chians,Peace
Here in Columbus, OH, our Ice Bowl Tourney has a 9 hole mini tourney for $5 after the last round, I believe. If you go to columbusdiscgolf.com you can find the email address for Paul Jay, our president, and he can tell you all about it.
at a tourny in pawhuska oklahoma steve king and i had the potential of 5 ghost cards.
we decided to introduce 5 holes of mini golf in the midst of the real golf.
it was a great hit!
some of the players thought it was kind of hokey until they played then they all were on board .
this little thing or some thing like that will definately help keep your tourny in the players memory banks.
have fun.
We did the same thing in a "fun" tournament, even included the holes as part of the score. On a totally temp course.

To spice up league play we have done it also.
Yeah, I'm not sure if it's going to fit very well between rounds, but we'll see. I'm not too worried about staffing issues. We've got plenty of club guys that could help out running it. I am concerned that people may not want to do it between rounds. I remember they did this at the Manitowalk tournament when I played it 4 years ago. I don't remember how many people participated. At the time I thought it was silly, but I was brand new to disc golf. Now I think it could be a really fun diversion from the "serious golf"-- especially if your first round didn't go so well.
Brandon, in my vast experience with Mini Disc Golf and Tournaments, I have found that Mini must be an event on its own. Fit it into the tournament either before or after the main event.You could also put it as part of the event, where you have to play. Lunch time is when most people either rest, eat. or make a short road trip for thier food and drink. Mini Disc Golf fits very well into this format and more players will participate in the event. Check out the "mini disc golf" club that has been created on this site and on facebook. If there is anything I can do to help, please contact me directly at beaverdisc@verizon.net or www.minidiscgolf.com. I run many mini disc golf events every year and can help in almost any area. I congratulate you on trying to fit mini into your event. I also hope we will see you at one of the World Mini Disc Golf events either at the PDGA ams or pro tournaments this year. I will be running both Mini events at these tourneys. "Rock The Chains" Donnie Brooks, Mini Disc Golf Federation. MDGF#.00001, PDGA#15252

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968