www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you think about it?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can agree on the two being very similar. But honestly, the monarchs I have thrown and the Groove I have fly exactly the same, BUT I have to put some arm into the groove and throw it flat, with the Monarch to accomplish the same thing I can throw about 3/4 power with a slight hyzer release. But in the end I get about 70+ foot farther with the Groove. But I can certainly see some terrific potential with a lighter weight Champion Monarch being a bomb of a Hyzer flip disc.

Today I just learned to Hyzer flip my 150 R-Pro Boss. Ya know how I was bragging that I can throw the Groove consistently farther and straighter than any other disc? Not any more! WOOOO R-PRO BOSS just bombed about 40' passed my farthest drive!
yeah I was bombing a 162g r-pro boss the best. I could hardly hold it on a hyzer flip. I thought it was going to flip completely out of it. It was a RUSH though, biggest hyzer flip shot I've ever thrown. Might have been the longest drive I've ever thrown I didn't measure it.

I can easily match my farthest drives with a 162g r-pro boss. I lost my about a week ago. I've lost about 6 discs in the past week and got 2 back. I don't think it would hold with a 150g, I might have to give it a go and see what happens. Though really I want to replace my 162g or maybe go to a 160 or 159g. It seems to lose to much penetration if I go to 150g usually, even with my TeeRex 152g.
Man, my arm is about to fall off! I couldn't stop throwing my new champion monarch today. For me this disc is straight and long. I almost had my first ace with it today- 300' narrow shot and it hit the top of the basket and bounced straight back!
I've got one of the special edition Star Monarchs. I've been told that the Star versions are more stable, and I think mine fits that bill. I'm by no means a power thrower, but I can hyzer flip a few discs: Surge, XL, Assassin, Leopard, etc. My Monarch has to be given some anhyzer to match what happens when I give the other discs hyzer. Still a great disc! Elevation shot with this one just soar and soar. Definately low speed stable at the 175g that I have.
The Monarch is AWESOME!!! It just may be the best disc ever made.
I think if the owner of the one I found today never calls me back its gonna make for good trade bait on discaroo!

Attachments:
168 champ monarch, had it for a year, it is now an overstable long distance disc , that , as many have mentioned is not the easiest disc to throw due to it being nose sensitive , meaning you have to throw it level with the right amount of snap . Lost my sidewinder and roadrunner so this is my go to disc.for long anhyser throws. My medium anhyser disc is a champ stingray, and my anhyser approach disc is a well broken in dx rancho c. roc.
for anhyzer putts or short approachs i use a dx aero , one of the first discs i used for disc golf. (1987). i geuss the gimmic of the monarch is the notch around the edges that reduces the effort needed to throw this disc long .
Thanks for the post it was really helpful..
Nose angle sensitivity, eureka!! That was the issue with monarch for me I believe. Instead of working with it to learn the disc, I said, forget it, my sidewinder already loves me the way I am and throw. :-)
I would like the disc more if it was in pro or star plastic.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968