www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know what the review on line state about this disc, I am thinking about trying one and have found no one that has one for me to try, my question is what can I expect from this disc new and as it gets beat up, I am not a strong arm and my speed  is not that great, the best disc for me so far is the Avenger SS but I am pulling it to the right all the time now so from all who know tell me what you think and what the disc does for you thanks

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a fairly new champ monarch that I can't find any consistency with, distance isn't as good as my Avenger SS and I never know which way it will fly. I throw a 164g Avenger SS that I can keep fairly straight if I'm careful with my release - about 75% power (or it goes right on me)and a 174g Avenger SS that runs dead straight no matter how much I crank it (I'm not a big arm, either). Maybe going up to a heavier Avenger SS would be a better answer than a Monarch, or an Avenger instead of the SS.
Thanks I know where I can get some heavy SS to try out may do that next time out
I have a champ monarch and don't really like it. If your Avenger SS is flipping over right you may be ready for a little more stable disc. The Surge SS may be a good one to try.
I found that it's very nose sensitive. Thus the inconsistant throws. For me it's the Vision by Latitude 64. Very similar to the Monarch and Avenger SS (stability wise), but much longer and very forgiving. On top of that, their plastic (Opto or Gold Line). Is far and above Discrafts or Innovas. I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but this discs is so far above the other two mentioned. I had to bring it up.
You should really look into this disc and company. They may be small, but their products are awesome.

P.S. I don't work for them or own stock lol!
The SS and the Monarch turn over pretty easy if you throw them flat. You should try to hyzer-flip your Avenger SS if you want it to fly straight and not turn over so much on you. Its gonna flatten right out if you snap it right. They are similiar discs though, I prefer my beat up champion Sidewinder over both of these discs! Good luck though.
Sounds like congratulations or in order. Either or both, that AvengerSS is breaking in nicely and beginning to fly the way it should or your golf muscles are starting to come around. I haven't tried the Monarch and I've heard both good and bad about it. I have tried both the Roadrunner and Sidewinder and was very pleased with both. Mine were in lighter weights 166-169 and both flew reliably and both were longer than my AvengerSS. In fact the Roadrunner is one of my longest discs.
Awsome disc,a must have straight flyer for wooded holes,I have two I keep in the bag,a 173 domey,more stable for long strait shots,can handle a good rip,a flat 163 more for finesse shots.I had one when it first came out and couldnt get consistant flights,it flys consistant for me now,a staple in my bag now.
Dude, if you want to have success right now, throw one of these discs i'm about to mention: River, Leopard (drivers) or a Roc or Buzzz. you will have the most control over these discs, screw trying out these long distance drivers, it'll just set you back a few months. Out of all the drivers i've thrown, the River seems to do it all with less arm speed, less snap and less form. It hyzers, flat, anhyzers. once you get good with it, every other disc seems to make more sense. if you can't anhyzer a River, don't expect to keep a monarch or a Vision flat for 350ft.

Now to clarify, turning your disc over to me is sometimes different than what other people think. if i crank that thing out flat for several hundred feet,..... AND then it begins to turn right, then i call that "Turning your Disc over". Most ppl think if they put a hard Anny body movement on the disc, and it turns right out of the gate, then they are "Turning Over". That just ain't so. yea, you created a nice anhyzer angle and forced the disc, but did you do the work, or did the disc do the work? You are then throwing on an Anny angle and hoping it remains on Anny, this is not turning over. Throw that Avenger SS out 250-300ft flat before it turns right, then that's what we call Flippy, Turning Over, etc.

When i crank out a Sidewinder or Vision on a Hyzer, it flies hyzer for 75ft, flips up really flat for 200-300ft, then turns right and usually stays right.
I think most people do understand what "turning a disc over" means. You laid out a great definition of it though for those who may not know what it is.
Good point. Hey Brad, how far are you throwing right now?
on a good day 200 most days 180s
Oh, In that case, I think J.D. has a good point. Maybe try some lower speed discs. You have to remeber, the "speed" of a disc. Is not how fast it will go. It's the speed YOU are required to generate. In order for the disc to perform the way it's suppose to.
Now, everybody is different. So all advise should be taken with a grain of salt imo. But you may get even better distance, by trying lower speed discs. Such as a Teebird, TL, Eagle, Leopard, Striker, and River. I only added Innova and Latitude, because their flight charts are the same and Discraft doesn't have a true speed rating ( just...long, uber long and call the next county). Now, like J.D. brought up. Are you flipping/turnign over your AvengerSS. Or are you putting it on a Anhyzer angel when you throw it? Also, it's possible you are turning your wrist over, thus causing the disc to "flip". I tend to do that on downhill shots (turning the wrist over). Thus causing even a Teerex to flip, but it's more technique induced. I only added that last part, because at that distance. IMO it wouldn't seem so easy to turn that disc over (unless you have a good headwind). I threw a Z AvengerSS for a bit and I got rid of it because it wouldn't turn over/flip enough for me. Now I'm not a power monster, but I toss around 300'to 330', and on the perfect toss I've hit around 390'
So you might want to look at your mechanics first and then go disc shopping?

Good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968