www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know what the review on line state about this disc, I am thinking about trying one and have found no one that has one for me to try, my question is what can I expect from this disc new and as it gets beat up, I am not a strong arm and my speed  is not that great, the best disc for me so far is the Avenger SS but I am pulling it to the right all the time now so from all who know tell me what you think and what the disc does for you thanks

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, In that case, I think J.D. has a good point. Maybe try some lower speed discs. You have to remeber, the "speed" of a disc. Is not how fast it will go. It's the speed YOU are required to generate. In order for the disc to perform the way it's suppose to.
Now, everybody is different. So all advise should be taken with a grain of salt imo. But you may get even better distance, by trying lower speed discs. Such as a Teebird, TL, Eagle, Leopard, Striker, and River. I only added Innova and Latitude, because their flight charts are the same and Discraft doesn't have a true speed rating ( just...long, uber long and call the next county). Now, like J.D. brought up. Are you flipping/turnign over your AvengerSS. Or are you putting it on a Anhyzer angel when you throw it? Also, it's possible you are turning your wrist over, thus causing the disc to "flip". I tend to do that on downhill shots (turning the wrist over). Thus causing even a Teerex to flip, but it's more technique induced. I only added that last part, because at that distance. IMO it wouldn't seem so easy to turn that disc over (unless you have a good headwind). I threw a Z AvengerSS for a bit and I got rid of it because it wouldn't turn over/flip enough for me. Now I'm not a power monster, but I toss around 300'to 330', and on the perfect toss I've hit around 390'
So you might want to look at your mechanics first and then go disc shopping?

Good luck!
The last time out we were fighting the wind and I know the mechanics could use some work. LOL the disc starts to pull to the right just at the end of the flight, and when I tossed the Stingray same hole which I use to pull right it run out straight and slight fade to the left it is 167g. I will try all disc again with out the wind factor and go from there, I really like the SS I hope it is just me/wind conditions. Thanks
yea, this is why i said what i said. get a river, work that disc to no end.
This is a great explanation.
Let us know how it works for you !!!
I will, it will be next weekend before I get out again got to do the job thing!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968