www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Mine is not bizarre, but saw a guy standing off to the left of a flick thrower on a hole this past week and the guy driving off the pad threw a flick into the back of his buddies head. It was hilarious to see, but the way he yelled, I bet it hurt like heck!

Views: 326

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

saw a couple doing the mommy daddy dance in there car 250 ft away from a tee pad during the salina ice bowl 2007. next tourney i played in herington , ks ; we were entertained by a duck manage a trois in the pond/ fairway! i guess that wind just gets everyone all randy out there.
one strange thing I can recall was 2 lizards screwing on the bench next to 9 in Daytona... very strange site...
On Tuesday here we had 40 mph winds and gust of higher. I was about to tee off on 7th hole at Park Circle and about that time I saw a dust devil form the size of my full size truck and was heading left to right across the fairway. I looked at a friend and smiled and ripped my Wraith right into the middle of the mini tornado. It hit it and my disc jumped up over 60 feet straight up and then went vertical to the ground and was blown right over 80 feet and hit the ground. My friend laughed and turned his back to the hole and asked me "so how did that work for ya" I looked over his shoulder and looked back and him and told him he should turn around, as he turned around he looked to see the disc rolling within 20ft of the hole.
my girlfriend when she was first starting out threw an approach shot, had a grip lock problem and hit me right in the kidney. not that strange except i was standing behind her about fifteen feet. It was pretty damn funny to us.
Last summer at Cold Brook here in Kalamazoo a friend of mine who was supremely frustrated by the density of trees on the 6th hole whipped his disc far harder than he needed to make it to the basket 50 feet away. Unfortunately he also released it late, and straight at the heads of four of us lined up about 20 feet to his right with maybe 10 feet between us. None of us were paying attention to the throw, but all managed to duck in perfect sequence, one after another, to narrowly avoid being wanged in the temple. It couldn't have been coreographed better!
I was looking for my disc in the woods off the edge of the fairway in some pretty thick undergrowth. I saw somthing small run from me as I almost stepped on it but I couldn't tell what it was from the density of all the ferns that were in full bloom. Next thing I knew I heard hissing to my left and as I looked there was a ugly fairly large bodied (momma looking) animal starring at me with it's teeth showing. I began to jog back out of the woods with the animal chasing me. I As I broke out back into the fairway my buddies say "what the hell are you doing?" I proceed to tell them what just happened and they start laughing. They were asking what it was, and I told them I wasn't sure but it had fangs and it chased me. More laughter from my friends. They then asked if it was a squirrel or a chipmunk. I said, "If it was, it was the worlds biggest and had fangs". More laughter. To this day everytime anyone goes into the woods in that spot, we warn them of the rabid chipmunk that lives there. And yes I overcame my fear of the fanged beast and found my disc. May I also mention none of them would go in to help me.
The other day I was playing with a group of friends at a private course. One of them brought their dog. ( a welcome treat since she gets our disc out of the water for us.) While getting ready to tee off, we heard a dog fight and saw a women chase my friend's dog away. About a minute later she comes over looking mad. My friend goes to talk to her and she starts to apologize. Turns out she worked at a strip club and gave us all free passes with drinks. Now we all keep a look out for her when we go there.
Kind of a downer, but I lost a reliable disc in the ditch and next whole received a call that a good friend had been found dead. Needless to say that was not the best day and I didn't finish the round and look for the disc.

On an upside, a friend of mine months later retrieved the disc from someone by identifying it at an out of town tournament. And it wasn't anything too special, just one of those pink USDGC star rocs from a year or two back. That disc is still in my bag and use it all the time.
A buddy of mine stepped on a toad and it's inside's came out of his mouth, it was really gross but he was still alive and hoppin around.
Mike said:
I was looking for my disc in the woods off the edge of the fairway in some pretty thick undergrowth. I saw somthing small run from me as I almost stepped on it but I couldn't tell what it was from the density of all the ferns that were in full bloom. Next thing I knew I heard hissing to my left and as I looked there was a ugly fairly large bodied (momma looking) animal starring at me with it's teeth showing. I began to jog back out of the woods with the animal chasing me. I As I broke out back into the fairway my buddies say "what the hell are you doing?" I proceed to tell them what just happened and they start laughing. They were asking what it was, and I told them I wasn't sure but it had fangs and it chased me. More laughter from my friends. They then asked if it was a squirrel or a chipmunk. I said, "If it was, it was the worlds biggest and had fangs". More laughter. To this day everytime anyone goes into the woods in that spot, we warn them of the rabid chipmunk that lives there. And yes I overcame my fear of the fanged beast and found my disc. May I also mention none of them would go in to help me.

Funny stuff here. I spit water on my keyboard.
Not too strange, I suppose, but I was playing a round with Bill Ashton on our course here in Springfield shortly after we opened in 2006, and he was putting out Hole 5 from about 7-8 feet away. He takes his putt, hits the middle of the chains about 15"-18" above the basket and at that very moment, a HUGE gust of wind literally blew the disc back out of the chains and about 2-3 feet behind him. He couldn't have made a more perfect putt, yet he was then putting from further away from directly behind his original lie. Crazy!
My last two aces (I've only had three in my life), I've somehow called my shots (a la Babe Ruth). We opened a new alt tee for one of our holes here in town this Summer, and right after we finished grading the new tee and hauling away the last bit of brush, I told one of my neighbors: "Time to break this tee in with an ace!" I walk back to the tee with my Roc, collect myself for a second or two and then let 'er rip. BANG! Right in the chains for an Ace-1.

Two months later I was out playing with my six year old daughter, when she started talking about how long a hole was. Was only around 210 feet, but that's about a mile for a 6-year old! Anyway, we get to the tee and I told her "Watch your Dad put this one in the basket." I got out that same Roc, stared the basket down and let it fly. BANG! Another Ace-1. The best part of that though was walking all the way up to the basket after it took my daughter 5-6 shots to get there, only to have her say in a very adult voice: "Wow Dad...that was a pretty good shot!" :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968