www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Mine is not bizarre, but saw a guy standing off to the left of a flick thrower on a hole this past week and the guy driving off the pad threw a flick into the back of his buddies head. It was hilarious to see, but the way he yelled, I bet it hurt like heck!

Views: 326

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was playing with a few friends and we step up to a hyzer hole with a mid ceiling. I ask my buddy in front of everyone else if he wants to choose any disc out of my bag if he aces if I get to do the same if I do. Neither of us had ever aced at the time. He declines. I step up and put it close. He gets up there and throws a perfect hyzer skip and it hits the chains and sticks! Too bad for him!

Jordan
I was throwing in bryan ohio hole nine and threw into a tree and hit a bird and clean took it's head off
John said:
I was throwing in bryan ohio hole nine and threw into a tree and hit a bird and clean took it's head off

Lunch!
One year while playing DGLO there was a GINORMOUS snake that slithered its way onto my lie (it must havee been 3-4 feet long). We were on hole 8 of the monster and playing to the champ pin. My spiritual advisor/caddy, Dave Wessel (aka the Godfather) went to go check out my shot for me and give me his personal thoughts on what i should do next. I was standing next to Angela Tchiggfrie. Dave says something like "SNAKE! Jen, Dont come over here yet!" (he must know of my phobia) and he picks up the snake, waves it around in circles for a moment, then flings it into the air. I of course panicked, and nearly knocked Angela down in the process. For some reason i thought he was throwing the slitherey creature at me. By the time we finished our round and made it back to tournament central, the story got mixed up and people thought that I had thrown a snake at Angela. Thank goodness i had someone there- had i discovered it first, i have no idea what i would have done- taken a 7 possibly. Snakes on a disc are almost as bad as snakes on a plane.
Had 4 Deer run right through my Drive at Addison Oaks in Michigan !!!!!
jenny d said:
One year while playing DGLO there was a GINORMOUS snake that slithered its way onto my lie (it must havee been 3-4 feet long). We were on hole 8 of the monster and playing to the champ pin. My spiritual advisor/caddy, Dave Wessel (aka the Godfather) went to go check out my shot for me and give me his personal thoughts on what i should do next. I was standing next to Angela Tchiggfrie. Dave says something like "SNAKE! Jen, Dont come over here yet!" (he must know of my phobia) and he picks up the snake, waves it around in circles for a moment, then flings it into the air. I of course panicked, and nearly knocked Angela down in the process. For some reason i thought he was throwing the slitherey creature at me. By the time we finished our round and made it back to tournament central, the story got mixed up and people thought that I had thrown a snake at Angela. Thank goodness i had someone there- had i discovered it first, i have no idea what i would have done- taken a 7 possibly. Snakes on a disc are almost as bad as snakes on a plane.

Loved your story Jenny. I was in a snake infested area yesterday. If it had not been 28 degrees, I know I would have happened upon one. Loved how you almost took Angela down. Every woman for herself..lmao
Years ago playing a solo round at Lone Lake in Minnetonka, Minnesota. Deep, fresh snow.

Came across a whole bunch of owl prints beneath an old oak (Hole 1, for locals). The owl(s) had been listening to the mice who make burrows in the snow. The owl attacked the sound and left perfect owl prints; every feather, including around the face. Probably 10 or so prints. Gorgeous.
Playing a private course with a few friends (Harding Ranch, La Selva, CA), we were walking up to hole one and the house dog sees this gopher pop out right in front of us all. One bite, two gulps, gone. Swallowed nearly whole in the blink of an eye, before we could even consider what happened... a few seconds later Oscar the dog pukes it up, gives the wiggling rodent a few more chomps, and back down the hatch. I almost peed from laughing so hard...
i was playing my local course and had thrown my champion wraith into the tall grass and as my disc landed a morning dove flew away from the exact spot my disc hit. i turn to my buddy and he says "u almost got ur self a bird!" we walk up to my disc only to find another morning dove but htisd ones missing a head and theres blood all over my disc... i was amazed! i had to get a pic of that one lol
Attachments:
I played the KC Wide Open a couple years ago and we were playing at Blue Valley. John Heaton was having a tough round, lots of grip locks and pulling shots way right. As we were playing a long down hill hole, # 10 I think, he really gets ahold of a good drive. Its screaming on a nice hyzer line and looking good. There was a group playing up the adjacent #9 fairway up the hill and someone played a big hyzer upshot. Amazingly, the 2 shots collided and fell straight down, both hundreds of feet from where they should have been. Thats a tough break on a tough day.
this past weekend, I was playing with a couple of my friends when one shanked his drive really bad. It landed about 75ft away from the tee box in a car track on a dirt road and rolled, following the car tracks, and stopped about 20 ft from the basket. The hole had a long right turn following the road. None of us could believe it.
Alright I have to chime in - we have a dg friend who's dear dog friend passed away, and he threw a memorial tournament for the dog. Over the lunch break, our friend took some of his dog's ashes and sprinkled them in a circle on hole 1, dedicating it to his dog. Then he stepped onto the teepad and banged it straight in for the ace.

That's some love!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968