www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Not that anyone is ever disappointed to get an ace, but I was out today playing a solo round and almost hit my first ace ever and there wouldnt have even of been any witnesses. After my Buzzz bounced off the basket, I thought to myself that this would have been the worst ace ever.

Being that I have yet to get an ace this is my best story. Anyone else have any??

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not an ace....
My first ace was at 9 in the morning on a short hole with my putter. No one saw, but I loved it. It was my first ace. There is no such thing as an unsatisfying ace.

I just got my 2nd ace. It was at a tournament, on a course I have never played, on a basket that I could not see with two of my good friends in my group. My 2nd ace was much more satisfying, but dude... an ace is an ace, be happy and satisfied about any of them.
I got my first ace last week during a solo round in Daytona Beach (Tuskawilla Park, hole 4). I was in Daytona on business and dressed in business attire with sneakers so it was not my typical outing.

Only a homeless guy laying by a tree 15 feet from the basket witnessed it go in. A couple other guys from another hole saw me jumping around like some crazy moron that just won the lottery and they asked me if I just aced it but that was about it. I was texting my DG friends as I walked up to the basket. The bum gave me a thumbs up but I didn't bother asking him to sign my star wraith and he sure as hell wasn't going to give me a dollar. I just tagged the disc myself and moved on.

It was my first time playing the course and I can't wait to play it again on my next trip to Daytona. I ended up finishing the round +1.. couldn't hit a birdie to save my life and had a few bogeys that killed my score but the ace definitely made my day.

Most unsatisfying was not really an ace, but one time at Turkey Lake - T2 course (my favorite), old hole 1, beautiful elevation shot.. I went up over the trees.. hyzered right into the basket but with too much force... barely popped out onto the ground.. There was a huge group of like 8 people from Tennessee that witnessed it. I was bummed it didn't stay in the basket. Would have been my first ace but I had to wait another 6 months yet to hit the big one.
I saw Ben Calhoun hit an ace about a minute before the start of an Ace Race.
Tuscawilla Park, couple months ago.

A Pads, $500 Ace Fund on the line

Shawn Lenk playing odd-man

Hole 1, parks his first drive, Aces his second drive!!

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!"

Aces and metals only count on first drive when playing odd-man.
I was playing a round with a buddy of mine who aced with a thumber and he just stood there looking at the basket from the teepad like he was in disbelief. No celebration from him only the rest of us on the card.
well iwas at atourny and got my first ace it was awesome everyone saw it but wait nooo i hadnt entered the large ace pool !!!! it was still fun though
My one and only ace is on the Red course hole 12 at Lemon Lake, IN. I was by myself having a pretty lousy round when I flicked a red champ 2-time Beast with hyzer. It bent around the trees in the middle of the fairway, then faded right into the basket. Do I wish my buddies were there that day? Sure. It was a most satisfying ace, though. That was five years ago. I'm still waiting for my second.
LOL That would indeed suck.
It's always gotta be me. I hit one the day before a tournament but then also hit it the first round of the tournament with the same disc same hole so that was all good.
my only aces are a black ace and a trach can ace... neither count, so they are both a little dissatisfying.
ya i got 2 similar 1 at hiestand was in the air when the warning went off so i had to run and pull it and reset before driving, got a 3 of course.montana was the other, i was just whining about hitting it too soon when the horn blew.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968