www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Not that anyone is ever disappointed to get an ace, but I was out today playing a solo round and almost hit my first ace ever and there wouldnt have even of been any witnesses. After my Buzzz bounced off the basket, I thought to myself that this would have been the worst ace ever.

Being that I have yet to get an ace this is my best story. Anyone else have any??

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WELL, since we called it (our group) that the flag was the target and we could hit it anywhere, since there was no actual designated target area, it is an ace. You can call it Not an ace.... if you want. But you weren't there. The flag stick is seriously about the diameter of a Bic pen. I think I deserve it for hitting it from the tee.
No basket no ace! Lol! Jk!
I think the most unsatisfying ace , for me , was a black ace. Those really don't count and you have to pay up to the group.
I played for 2 years before I had my first "Ace." Disappointing for many reasons, I was alone, it was my 4th throw from the tee. And noone was in the entire park. Just stood there and texted friends. Since then I've had an even more disappointing ace.

I was playing alone and found a guy that I kind of know and joined up with him. He was stoned so he was kinda being lame anyway. I aced on my first throw on an insane hole and yelled and he just said totally mundanely, "nice shot, care if I throw another one?" I don't really like him as much anymore.
I got one 20 minutes before the final round at the Michigan state championships......threw Wasp on hole #13 at Beauty.....basket semi-blind......if it hadn't hit the bucket probably woulda went by 60' as I didn't notice dropoff past pin.

wish it would happened a half hour later.
My most unsatisfying Ace was........OH wait....I've not hit an ace yet........DANG !
I've had 4 aces ever and nobody there to sign the discs. There have been some random folks walking or running through the park, but that was it...not the same when you hit them with your friends around.
Back in the day there was something called the "six pack" club. If you witnessed another person in the "six pack" club get an ace then you owed them a six pack of whatever they wanted. I hit an ace (348' with a Roc) between rounds at a tournament with about 20 people standing around waiting to throw. Half of them were in this "six pack" club. I think I ended up getting maybe 1 six pack of Pabst and that was it. But, on the bright side, I was the first person to ace that hole since it was moved to the new position.
hey, jeff. We get the point.
I was playing in the Bowling Green Am Championships and I hit an ace about 5 minutes before the round started on my starting hole while doing a practice shot.. It was $1000 ace pool and I got $0
Dollar thing? heck I've been dishing out 5 bucks! Damn....
My second basket ace ever was in 1986 on hole 10 at Morley. I was the first of four to throw and we all heard it and agreed it was an ace (it's blind behind trees). By the time we got there, some asshat had stolen it out of the basket. I don't even count it as one of my 17.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968