www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The more I talk the worse I do in any sport. A guy I play disc with never shuts up about discs. Cant blame him, he is just really passionate. But struggles when he is jaw jacking all the time. How can I explain that to him without being an insensitive dick? Dont get me wrong I love to shoot the breeze too.

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe before he throws give him a tip on how to make a better shot from his position and then he'll concentrate on that and keep his mouth shut.
Shut Up & Throw

Send him to discplayersports.com

OK

Its tough, I had to tell a guy to stop talking. I was about to break my personal record on the course and he started jaw jabbing while I was on the tee, approach shots, and actually singing while I was putting! I would take forever to shoot, hopefully thinking he would just get the hint, but he didnt. I had to ask him and he was like, "oh!, dude Im sorry, blah blah blah". He didnt even realize he was doing it. Point being, insensitive dick or not, they need to know at certain times we need to be quite out of respect for the guy taking his shot.

Unfortunately, I ended up tying my record but it was my fault, not jabber jaws!

When he goes to discplayersports.com, tell him to check out the stickers.
There is a really descriptive comic explaining the shut up & throw concept.
Go to the shut & throw button sticker.....

There is a time and place for everything. The pad is not a stage and has no microphone. Talking while walking is fine, but as soon as someone steps onto the pad STFU. Same goes for putting.

Sometimes I will be ready to tee off and there are people just talking away. I will just stand on the tee until they ask me when I'm going to throw and then I say, "As soon as you guys are finished with your conversation". I don't get why some people think that disc golf doesn't deserve the same etiquette as ball golf.

It's nice when you get into a group that understands when it's alright to talk and when it isn't. I like to have some conversation during a round but there is a time for it. When it's time to throw, it's time to throw.

I've played with a guy recently who talked from tee #1 to basket #18. He tried to time it so as soon as the disc left my hand he would start talking again.

Self centered, irritable prick!

Don't even get me started about this topic. But yea it bothers me too. There is plenty of time to talk on walks between throws and holes etc.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968