www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Still having major problems with the music player not working....The Ning Support person suggests trying Firfox instead of IE...She also suggested trying to update the Adobe Macromedia Flash Player... I did...but it didn't seem to matter...I already had the latest version anyway. The Player still isn't playing.

What do ya'll think??? Firefox vs. IE

Tags: Firefox, IE, browsers., fast, internet

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use firefox and have had a much better experience overall
Firefox over IE anyday. Firefox rocs!

Chances are very great that you will be pleased with your overall browsing experience.

There are tons of technical reasons why Firefox is a better choice for a majority of things....

A computer repair buddy of mine used to put it boldly as "If you are browsing with IE, you're browsing with Hitler"
Firefox hands down.
Are you joking? FIrefox is way better.
thread over. haha.

but yeah. FF4TEHWIN!!
Firefox is the only way to browse.
Thanks for all who replied...I made the switch and what a difference. The music player still doesn't play ...nothing else plays either...no sound with anything but WMV....."no device connected" it reads in my control panel. I think it may be my sound card after all????
Sup Jamie? People use FF because it has many good plugins you can add from the Mozilla page and also because it does not use ActiveX-"ActiveX is the mechanism by which Internet Explorer (IE) loads other applications in the browser. Through ActiveX, IE loads Windows Media Player, Flash, Quicktime, and other applications that can read files embedded in web pages. ActiveX controls are activated when you click an item such as a .WMV file on a web page to download it for display in your Internet Explorer browser window." ActiveX = Spyware through ActiveX installations.

If you have no sound with IE as well then it is most likely your sound card. If not then it is prob a codec prob or something a long those lines. FF generally does not like windows files, but if you add VLC media player It should fix your problems. Once you add this progaram, start your WMV files with VLC and you should be good to go.
bro there isn't an argument at all. do you want a proven pos or a proven great browser?
really the only problem i've had with ff is the old 2.x versions had some nasty memory leaks.
I get sound with WMV files only...nothing else though. Wmv played before I switched from IE....and after. No sound for Youtube videos...no sound with news videos...I am going to check something else
Just went to 'my music' and I can play through windows media player,,,same thing as WMV basiclly

now I'm trying something else.
Now I just had no problem playing music in my computer using Creative Play Center 2. Checking something else now.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968