www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Last year we started fixing pin positions that had gotten too low over time. We also decided to add some more positions and some of those positions can be used for 2 or more holes. We probably put in a dozen new positions last year. Have you done anything like this at your course? I feel that this has drastically improved our course since now you wont play the same course twice. Every week you will see something different. And the shared positions give so many options. Also you can put out some super long holes for league if you want. Or make everything super short. Someone won league at 16 under in doubles when it was set up all short.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here at Dolese we have diffrent pin placements and they get rotated from long to short every spring and put back to shorts in the fall, i like having diffrent pin positions, cause i get bored with the same old course ALL the time. That's why I play alot more tournys now...except for the fact to win (try to win).
If I had my druthers, I would druther have multiple tee loctions in lieu of multiple basket locations. It does IMO create a different layout better then multiple basket locations.
Ok Math Majors, trying to find the formula for how many course layouts are possible!!

18 Holes

3 Pads per hole

3 pin postions per hole

anybody? anybody?
Lessee...I am probably wrong, but let's simplyfy...one hole has 9 different options with 3 tees and 3 basket locations...correct?

...18 times 9 is...162...is that right?
...or...

Talking money here and for us to get cash is very hard. Also our limited space would make that nearly impossible.
as my algebra teacher said, "show your work"
((((((((((((((((((9x9)x9)x9)x9)x9)x9)x9)x9)x9)x9)x9)x9)x9)x9)x9)x9)x9) = 150,094,635,296,999,121

...or 9 to the 18th power...

:)

Probably wrong though... :(
I think the answer would be 176,256.
(18!3!3!)/(18-3)!=176,256
I will do more research on this though.
Wow this thread got hijacked to Math World. I was a math major in college but even I could care less. The thing is that you can't play all positions on the course from all pads. I think that if you did there might just be a slight bit of chaos out there.

Chaos theory. If a butterfly flaps it wings halfway around the world, can it change the weather where you live?
I agree, I've seen this at a course we have here. Depending on the pin locations the score can be different by 3-5 strokes at least.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968