www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

OK, I'm done with these super ulta fast WIDE rim discs. I was out practicing today and I just loved the way my Orc, Valkyrie, and Sidewinder fit in my hand. Comfort led to predictability and some nice consistent throws. It was nice to connect with the Katana and the Halo (Opto all the way if you are looking at this disc!), but it was infrequent and the feel wasn't there. Reminds me of the first Titanium graphite shafted golf club I hit. Saw the ball scream off of it, but didn't FEEL it. I know it's not an issue about hand size (insert your joke here), because I'm a XXL in gloves. Like I said...I must be getting old? because... In my day.......................

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I must be crazy picky then. I'm a large guy 6 '4 270 basketball player and I can't throw those discs either. I stop at Valk rim width wich is about 2.0 cm. Even worse is that i cannot throw midrabges either. Nothing smaller than a kite which is about 1.6 cm. Not sure why. Big rims can't hold tight, tiny rims get stuck. Even with a pinky finger out of the mix.
BTW Looks like you still buying the newest discs as they come out huh Rescue? hahaha I had to stop. Wife caught me. I am however waiting for those Finnish by Westside discs to come out, the Northman and.....ummmm Swan. Keep and eye out for those my man!
You actually hit the nail on the head . " Comfort led to predictability and some nice consistent throws."
Oh, Grandad! You tells the bestest stories!!
I know, what can I say I'm hooked!lol!! See the trick is to get to the mail before the Wife...but I really think I'm done. Aside from a few holes per course. You really just can't "grip it and rip it". I might keep one (Halo or Katana), but I'll stick with my regulars from now on! Who know, if I keep a disc in my bag for more than a week. I might learn how to throw it and know it! LOL!!

Peace!
I like Discraft for this very reason. They seem
to have faster disc with more narrow rims.
I just can't grip widerim disc that well.

I also throw lighter disc when I disc up to
a Force or Boss. It helps.
Check out discgolfreview.com, thats if you haven't already? They have different grips to try. Same with that Climo Feldberg video. Might help with your mids. I like the one Feldberg uses...
I'VE BEEN GETTING OLD ALL MY LIFE. HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THEY CALL SENORS " OLD PEOPLE " BUT THEY NEVER CALL BABIES " NEW PEOPLE" . SO WHATS WITH THAT .
Why...you...young hood....Back in my day we use to throw flat round rocks!!....and we liked it like THAT!
Now, dont be to down on yourself, age comes to us all.
I'm just glad it got to you first :P
LMFAO...To old to know what those letters really mean. I just see people write them all the time. Hope it's nothing bad?
P.S. be carefull, this old stuff sneaks up on you. One minute I'm walking, the next. I need a walker!
:P = smiley face with tongue out..jsut tilt your head

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968