www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

OK, I'm done with these super ulta fast WIDE rim discs. I was out practicing today and I just loved the way my Orc, Valkyrie, and Sidewinder fit in my hand. Comfort led to predictability and some nice consistent throws. It was nice to connect with the Katana and the Halo (Opto all the way if you are looking at this disc!), but it was infrequent and the feel wasn't there. Reminds me of the first Titanium graphite shafted golf club I hit. Saw the ball scream off of it, but didn't FEEL it. I know it's not an issue about hand size (insert your joke here), because I'm a XXL in gloves. Like I said...I must be getting old? because... In my day.......................

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Speaking of getting old. It hasn't stopped one guy from playing around here. A few weeks ago I was out at the course and a guy was pushing a walker around with a basked bolted where the seat should be. It had over sized wheels for off roading and all. I ended up playing 18 holes with him and his 2 boys and I had to fight to keep him from beating me. After the round I found out that that day was his 80th birthday and his 2 boys pick him up every Sunday from the Nursing home and take him out to play 18 holes. I wish I would have gotten a pic of his set up. It was really neat to see him still out playing the sport he loves.
WOW! OK, I'm going to quit my bitchin! That is totally cool.
I tried using much shorter discs the other day at Deerfield park in Michigan for the Frigid Doe Ice Bowl. I used used all of my shorter discs instead of choking up on drivers. I threw my Focus for 14 holes, my buzzz for 3, and my XL instead of my Force for one. I had the best game ever on the course, and my XL went farther then I have ever gotten on my Force. I might just take most of my drivers out of my bag.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968